5 Offense - 1 OL, 2 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE
    6 Defense - 3 CB, 2 LB, 1 S

Southern Utah (1):
    #Brad Sorenson - San Diego - QB - TBD - 2

1 Offense - 1 QB

* Injured Reserve
    @ Physically Unable to Perform
    # Practice Squad
    Last edited by UtahMan3G; 12-02-2015 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Two suggestions:

(1) This moves to the professional sports category

and

(2) It gets the sticky treatment to stay at the top and is updated as needed. (like the recruiting thread here in the Utah football category)

I don't know how either of those things happen though.
    Not sure how to re-categorize. Maybe I'll cut and paste to a new thread in the appropriate category. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by UtahMan3G View Post
    Not sure how to re-categorize. Maybe I'll cut and paste to a new thread in the appropriate category. Thanks!
    No worries, we'll move it for you.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

I believe Shaky Smithson is still with Green Bay but on IR.
    http://www.corbettreport.com/

www.infowars.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tacoma Ute View Post
    This is correct
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

This from the Milwaukee Wisconsin Journal Sentinel in Sep. 2012. Couldn't find if he was picked up later in the season.

"On Thursday, the Packers waived wide receiver Shaky Smithson off injured reserve with an injury settlement."

It looks like he worked out for the Raiders in October 2012. (http://www.sbreport.net/raider_news/008/9970.html)
    Last edited by UtahMan3G; 03-07-2013 at 07:45 PM.

This from the Milwaukee Wisconsin Journal Sentinel in Sep. 2012. Couldn't find if he was picked up later in the season.

"On Thursday, the Packers waived wide receiver Shaky Smithson off injured reserve with an injury settlement."

Oh, I hadn't heard. I'm afraid that's probably it for him then.

www.infowars.com

Is Chris kemoeatu not with the Steelers anymore?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Is Chris kemoeatu not with the Steelers anymore?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Cut by Pittsburgh in March 2012. Shortly after, his agent said a few teams were interested. Wasn't signed in 2012 season, currently unsigned FA.

It looks like Paul Kruger is definitely done in Baltimore, and is getting serious looks from the Browns and Colts.

per ESPN, "A source said the Cleveland Browns are definitely prepared to try to sign Kruger. However, they will confront intense competition from the Indianapolis Colts, who will attempt to persuade Kruger to rejoin Chuck Pagano, the former Ravens defensive coordinator and current Colts head coach. According to a source, the Colts have targeted Kruger as the replacement for Dwight Freeney, the franchise's career sack leader who also hits the market next week. Kruger, a 2009 second-round pick, collected a career-high nine sacks this past season."

It looks like Paul Kruger is definitely done in Baltimore, and is getting serious looks from the Browns and Colts.

per ESPN, "A source said the Cleveland Browns are definitely prepared to try to sign Kruger. However, they will confront intense competition from the Indianapolis Colts, who will attempt to persuade Kruger to rejoin Chuck Pagano, the former Ravens defensive coordinator and current Colts head coach. According to a source, the Colts have targeted Kruger as the replacement for Dwight Freeney, the franchise's career sack leader who also hits the market next week. Kruger, a 2009 second-round pick, collected a career-high nine sacks this past season."

If these are the two best choices for Paul in regards to financial stability, I certainly hope that even if Cleveland offers more money, that Paul signs with Indy. Cleveland franchises haven't necessarily........ prospered recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Lunch View Post
    If these are the two best choices for Paul in regards to financial stability, I certainly hope that even if Cleveland offers more money, that Paul signs with Indy. Cleveland franchises haven't necessarily........ prospered recently.
    You'll be disappointed then to know that Buffalo is prepared to make a huge push for Paul as well.

I've read the Paul will get close to, if not more than 10 million a year.

Good for him. He has really blown up this year.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    You'll be disappointed then to know that Buffalo is prepared to make a huge push for Paul as well.
    Mario and Paul? Holy crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    Mario and Paul? Holy crap.
    And toss in Star if he fell to Buffalo? That would be one amazing front. Star, Williams, Kruger. Good luck.

And toss in Star if he fell to Buffalo? That would be one amazing front. Star, Williams, Kruger. Good luck.

I hope that happens. The Bills are my second favorite team. They need a QB though. Fitzpatrick is a walking turnover.

www.infowars.com

The Chiefs cut their starting RT, Eric Winston, on Wednesday night. I guess that means they are in the market for a starting RT - Hello Luke Joeckel as the #1 pick in the draft. I hope Star is given a clean bill of health and does well at the Pro Day on the 20th.

I actually think Buffalo is a better option than the mistake on the lake. I am not saying it is a good one. Just saying I would choose Buffalo over Cleveland. He would at least get to play opposite of Super Mario.

I would never say no to a Utah player with the Bills, but Kyle Williams is a pretty damn good nose tackle and we've got more pressing issues elsewhere. I'll get killed for saying this, but I was begging for Van Noy to declare and for the Bills to take him. Getting Kruger would be huge -- playing opposite Mario Williams, he could be in line for a monster year that Bryce Paup had in his first year in Buffalo playing opposite Bruce Smith, when all Paup did was get 17.5 sacks and earn NFL DPOY honors.

Per ESPN, Stevenson Sylvester (Restricted Free Agent) wasn't offered a Tender by Pittsburgh, meaning he is now an Unrestricted Free Agent. Apparently he hasn't progressed like Pittsburgh had hoped.

Steel Curtain Rising

We may see quite a bit of movement for our NFL Utes starting on Tuesday.

I would never say no to a Utah player with the Bills, but Kyle Williams is a pretty damn good nose tackle and we've got more pressing issues elsewhere. I'll get killed for saying this, but I was begging for Van Noy to declare and for the Bills to take him. Getting Kruger would be huge -- playing opposite Mario Williams, he could be in line for a monster year that Bryce Paup had in his first year in Buffalo playing opposite Bruce Smith, when all Paup did was get 17.5 sacks and earn NFL DPOY honors.
    I'm not sold on Kyle Van Noy. The guy is amazing, but so is everyone in the NFL. I think what killed Jimmer is what will kill KVN.

Neither one has learned how to play in a system and "do their job." KVN is very, very good, and Bronco uses him in a very smart way. BUT, in the NFL, KVN won't be able to do whatever he wants on whatever play he wants. He will be expected to do a job, and only that job.

I feel this way for one reason: since he was a freshman, they have been mentioning how if he gained a little weight it would take his game to the next level. He hasn't gained weight.

Gaining weight isn't hard, it just takes work. Work he hasn't done yet. He relies too much on his amazing, incredible natural ability.

Anyways, I hope the guy proves me wrong. He has an incredible skill set and once they hit the NFL, I root for everyone from Utah (and most of the BYU guys that can actually make the NFL aren't the incredible douche bags the other 99% of BYU players are).

I like Van Noy as an NFL player, but don't understand all the love for Ansah. True he is an absolute freak athlete in college, but doesn't seem to understand techniques.

But like you I will happily cheer for any NFL player who played college ball in Utah.

Jordan Gross being asked to take a pay cut. How I would respond, "Thanks for the suggestion, but I think I'm good."

ProFootballTalk

The Bucs, Patriots, and Cardinals seem to be the leaders for Sean Smith's services. Redskins have also made contact.

Yahoo

Brice McCain has drawn interest from 3 or 4 teams.

Yahoo
    Last edited by UtahMan3G; 03-10-2013 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    I like Van Noy as an NFL player, but don't understand all the love for Ansah. True he is an absolute freak athlete in college, but doesn't seem to understand techniques.

But like you I will happily cheer for any NFL player who played college ball in Utah.
    I think Ziggy could be a very good NFL player, but I don't know if a team will be patient enough for him to develop. With unguaranteed contracts, if he is taken top 10 and doesn't have Von Miller type numbers (which is what a top 10 pick will be expected to do), will they just cut him and if he hasn't been taught proper technique will be just flame out?

If he, and any rookie for that matter, is smart, they would live off $100,000 a year for their first deal, invest every other penny they make and not touch it until they are 60, they would be set for life. Then you can take your second contract and do whatever you want with it.

Quote Originally Posted by

The Bucs, Patriots, and Cardinals seem to be the leaders for Sean Smith's services. Redskins have also made contact.

[URL="https://twitter.com/JasonColeYahoo/status/310489874375536640"
    Yahoo[/URL]
    I'd love to see Sean on the Redskins. It's been a long time since my boys have had a Ute on the regular season roster.

www.infowars.com

I'd love to see Sean on the Redskins. It's been a long time since my boys have had a Ute on the regular season roster.
    Could happen. I don't think they will re-sign Williams and Hall needs to move to FS anyway.
    “The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there's little good evidence. Far better it seems to me, in our vulnerability, is to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides.”
    Carl Sagan

Hall is so frustrating. He's got great talent but it seems like he gives up as many big plays as he makes. He's definitely not a "shut-down" corner. The Skins should make the defensive backfield a priority in the draft and free agency. Both safety and corner.

www.infowars.com

I'm not sold on Van Noy. He doesn't have size to be an NFL OLB. I think those athletic tackles will eat him up. According to BYU media guide he's 235, which means he's 225. Look at the successful guys in his mold in the NFL: Matthews (255), A. Smith (260), Wake (258), Ware (255), Kruger (270), Hali (270). The exception here being Von Miller (235).

Just saw a tweet that the Jets are releasing Sione Pouha. Hopefully he gets picked up (he should, he's been very good and appears to still have plenty left in the tank).

Hall is so frustrating. He's got great talent but it seems like he gives up as many big plays as he makes. He's definitely not a "shut-down" corner. The Skins should make the defensive backfield a priority in the draft and free agency. Both safety and corner.
    Released.
    “The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there's little good evidence. Far better it seems to me, in our vulnerability, is to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides.”
    Carl Sagan