Thread: The Official NBA Thread

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Maybe they should start tanking for Wiggins.
    You betcha. Add the Lakers to the list of contenders. Someone might need to suggest that Trey Burke "fracture a tibia" if the Jazz want to make this season worthwhile.

I'm going to make a not so bold prediction.

With the insane number of underclassman opting for the NBA this year, I'll predict "the Jimmer" has already seen his last minutes as an NBA Player.

Nothing wrong with making some Euro's, they spend as easily as US Dollars.

I watched only 1 regular season game this year, but I've watched a dozen or so playoff games. They have been very entertaining. Last night's game 2 was great from start to finish. LeBron vs a completely better team is fascinating. I hope he gets the three-peat.
    The NBA is in great shape right now - I don't understand people that say the NBA is broken. It is as entertaining as it has ever been.

The Spurs are amazing to watch on offense and Lebron is making it clear that it's him and Jordan for G.O.A.T. I really love this series.

Why is it so hard to believe that Jabari Parker could learn to play good defense? He has the physical tools, right? Rick the Pick used to say that anyone could learn to defend.
    His lateral athleticism is not that great. He can be an adequate defender one day, but he'll never be a rim protecting big man. Wiggins, on the other hand, could step in and be a great NBA defender fairly quickly and eventually become an elite defender.

So now the Atlanta Hawks (or a part thereof) are for sale.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11...n-selling-team
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Quote Originally Posted by hostile View Post
    So now the Atlanta Hawks (or a part thereof) are for sale.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11...n-selling-team

Racist owners are making a lot of money these days by selling their franchises.

Bogut about to tip off.

Is Bogut the greatest Australian basketball player of all time?

If so, the greatest Australian and the greatest Austrian both played for Utah.
    He may be the greatest Aussie player of all time, but Luc Longley holds the title for best Aussie basketball player hair of all time and it isn't even close.

http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/...64889-54Fr.jpg

Bogut about to tip off.

Is Bogut the greatest Australian basketball player of all time?

If so, the greatest Australian and the greatest Austrian both played for Utah.
    Kyrie Irving was born in Melbourne, has an Australian mother (who is deceased) and carries dual citizenship. But he moved to the U.S. when he was 2.

Bogut was also born in Melbourne, but his parents are both Croatian immigrants.

Both of Longley's parents are Australian.

It's a hair-splitting argument.