Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Official Andre Miller Thread

“It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Great shot posted by Hanno today.

Who is that in the red? Drew?

Andre has the homeless look down.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    Great shot posted by Hanno today.

Who is that in the red? Drew?

Andre has the homeless look down.

Yeah that's Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was disappointed they did not introduce all the 98 team members individually last night. I was also disappointed that Van Horn didn't show, and then remembered he wasn't on that team.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post

Wow! That's a little mind-bending. These were my sports idols growing up. Now they were dad jeans!

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Wow! That's a little mind-bending. These were my sports idols growing up. Now they were dad jeans!
    Doleac still looking okay in the plaid shorts. I saw Andre in the line next to us entering the stadium. He had an interesting black hat on that I can't say looked to stylish. Of course he is a 17 year NBA multimillionaire so what do I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    You can tell which one in the photo is working long hours behind a desk as a lawyer. The others all look in great shspe.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    I'm going to utter words that have never been spoken before. The Timberwolves have the building blocks to become a great team. I am intrigued by them.

So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    That was awesome!

Andre Miller bought out by the T-Wolves. I'm hoping this isn't the end of the road for Dre.
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

Andre Miller bought out by the T-Wolves. I'm hoping this isn't the end of the road for Dre.
    Word is he asked for the buyout so he can clear waivers and sign with a post season team.

And today the word is he's signing with the Spurs

This post is not perfect for this thread, but I am watching the 1998 final four game with North Carolina right now. This is a lot of fun.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Andre Miller, Michael Doleac, Drew Hansen, Alex Jensen, Hanno Mottola. What a starting 5.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

http://m.mysanantonio.com/sports/spu...er-6887798.php

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
    --fjm.com

http://m.mysanantonio.com/sports/spu...er-6887798.php

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I didn't know Andre had a kid. I never thought about it. I wonder how old he is. Has Larry sent him any letters yet? We need to get on that!

EDIT:
    From this article dated March 2014:

Now that his 14-year-old son, Duane, is at an age when he can fully understand and question what’s going on around him, Andre Miller said he feels more of an obligation to set a good example.
    Ok, now I've gone "full creeper" mode. LOL.

https://twitter.com/iiduane
    Last edited by U-Ute; 03-22-2016 at 11:02 AM.

Andre Miller to be inducted into the Pac-12 Basketball Hall of Honor.

http://pac-12.com/article/2017/01/19...-2016-17-class

Andre Miller appearance at 1:26.