Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Utes vs the Fork

Looks like Chapman is warming in the bull pen.

Carroll with another solid inning. He could be all conference before he leaves.
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

Quote Originally Posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
    Carroll with another solid inning. He could be all conference before he leaves.
    Impressed with how he bounced back after the 1st, especially with that bad outing vs USC. He has responded well this game.

Horrible call to end the 6th. Player picked off third to end the threat.
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

Wow, from my angle looked like Bennett made it back.

Quote Originally Posted by EutawStUtesFan View Post
    Wow, from my angle looked like Bennett made it back.
    Mine as well. It looked like the ump was moving to call the play at second and was way out of position to make that call
    André Gide

Braden Anderson with the sliding catch to end the inning. B7 still 3-1

Chapman to start the 8th.

Rare event Utah pitching giving up a HR. 4-1.

Nick Green to start the 9th.

FR Bret Helton in to pitch after Green gives up an RBI singlel. Helton faces only 1 batter, batter GIDP.

Armijo GO to 6-3 to end the game. ASU wins it 5-1. Just couldn't get the bats going tonight. Despite the loss fun day out at the ball park.

Utah sweeps ASU with a walkoff from a local kid to end the season. Keirsey jr (helix HS) out early in the game with a probable dislocated hip. Yes that's bad, but keeping fingers crossed it's nothing worse. We lose our starting 1b, ss, all conference 3b and RF. Unfortunately we will probably also lose our Saturday starter, another local product, to one of the first three rounds of the draft. Recruiting is way up and the future is bright for this program IMO. I think last week's sweep at UCLA likely cost us an invitation to the tourney.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

Quote Originally Posted by mUUser View Post
    Utah sweeps ASU with a walkoff from a local kid to end the season. Keirsey jr (helix HS) out early in the game with a probable dislocated hip. Yes that's bad, but keeping fingers crossed it's nothing worse. We lose our starting 1b, ss, all conference 3b and RF. Unfortunately we will probably also lose our Saturday starter, another local product, to one of the first three rounds of the draft. Recruiting is way up and the future is bright for this program IMO. I think last week's sweep at UCLA likely cost us an invitation to the tourney.
    Hip is actually dislocated and fractured per Ute Baseball twitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Hip is actually dislocated and fractured per Ute Baseball twitter.

Yikes. That is a significant injury.
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Utes vs the Fork

No "boys of summer" post season for the Utes.