Thread: Oklahoma Tornados

Oklahoma Tornados

At least 51 dead, 20 of them children in a tornado that ripped through Oklahoma today that at one point may have been 2 miles wide. I have no words, it's just so sad.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    At least 51 dead, 20 of them children in a tornado that ripped through Oklahoma today that at one point may have been 2 miles wide. I have no words, it's just so sad.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    Terrible. I guess you can't build a building that will withstand 200 MPH winds.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Just saw the TV news footage. That school looks like a bomb hit it. Horrifying.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Picture taken in the rubble.

Picture from a distance

I lived in Moore a few years ago. I really liked it and thought it would be cool to maybe move there one day.

No chance of that happening

Some more photos..

The damage is mind boggling to me.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    Some more photos..

The damage is mind boggling to me.
    I don't know what to say about this. I wish I could think of something to say. Words come so much easier when humans cause this kind of destruction.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

They were just talking on the radio show I listen to about how a couple of the 1st grade teachers laid on their students and did whatever they could to protect their kids from the tornado. Sadly quite a few were killed. It hits very close to home as all I could think about was my wife and my son and what might happen if they could not be evacuated from their school. Thankfully tornadoes are a fairly rare occurrence in Utah still. I do still worry about earthquakes.

Apparently, this is what it took to survive...

10 employees and 5 customers took refuge in this bank vault.