Thread: Senioritis posts here? Count me in! I am Ute_In_Texas. Here's my application.

Senioritis posts here? Count me in! I am Ute_In_Texas. Here's my application.

How did you pick your Moniker?

I live in Houston, and I have no imagination.

How did you discover UB5?

Saw the site mentioned on UF.N, and decided to come and say hello.

How many states/countries have you lived in?

New York, Utah, Oklahoma, Colorado, Washington, Alaska, Texas, Indonesia. That’s eight.

What are your Sports Loyalties?

The Utes and all the Houston pro teams. Also the New York Giants and Denver Broncos.

What was the moment that cemented your Ute Fanhood?

When I went to my first football game at the U, an 82-6 win, and had a blast!!

What do you currently do for a living?

I am a geophysicist working in the oil biz.

Are your religiously affiliated, and if so, what is your current standing?

I come here for Ute sports info and discussion, not religion or politics.

Welcome, Ute in Texas! My moniker is equally creative!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

You had me till you added the broncos. But since you put the utes first I will look past it. welcome aboard.

Welcome! I look forward to your insight. Religion and politics are out, but do you have anything to add to the discussion of fine barbecue?
    Last edited by Jarid in Cedar; 06-04-2013 at 08:41 AM.
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

Welcome, UTinTX! Every sports-themed message board needs a resident geophysicist.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
    Welcome! I look forward to your insight. Religion and politics are out, but do you have anything to add to the discussion of fine barbecue?
    Here you go: http://www.texasmonthly.com/eat-my-w...arbecue-joints

I have eaten in 5-6 of these places, and all were excellent. I think any place on this list would be terrific.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
    I should be consummating my relationship with my grill this weekend.

btw - welcome to the board ute in texas! I have family in the Houston area - great place!