Thread: The "How Do I Do Stuff Here?" Thread

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by wally View Post
    When I am looking at the forum home page, I see under "The Town Crier" a thread titled: "low post count" with Solon as the last participant posting on 5/20/14. When I tried to click it I got the message: " Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator "

I am guessing that this is a private admin thread somehow showing up. Just FYI.
    Now that I've bumped this thread, it is gone. You're welcome.

Is there a way to ember tweets that I'm not aware of?
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Is there a way to ember tweets that I'm not aware of?
    There is not. I have done a lot of investigating on this and Twitter doesn't make it easy to do. My guess it is for security reasons but they want you to use their widgets to do everything, and that doesn't it in well with web pages that are dynamic (like a forum).

Twitter supports the ability to create a list of accounts to follow and then to embed a frame that has all of the tweets from that list. I'm thinking of doing that on one of the front facing pages of the board (forum list page maybe?). A work in progress.