Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NHL 2013 thread, or, the thread where only 3 posters participate

Official NHL 2013 thread, or, the thread where only 3 posters participate

Blackhawks still don't have a regulation of overtime loss. I'm glad that so many teams have had the pleasure of losing to the Blackhawks.

Blackhawks are playing a different game than everyone else. Ducks are probably the Blackhawks biggest competition right now.

I will come here just to pitch in with Blackhawks and NHL talk since most of the hockey talk on CUF was with Utes...

Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    I will come here just to pitch in with Blackhawks and NHL talk since most of the hockey talk on CUF was with Utes...
    Good to have you onboard. With hockeybeard signing up and his Penguins avatar, we may actually be able to exceed 3 posters contributing to this thread.

Blues were stranded at the Vancouver airport yesterday. They didn't get to St Louis until 5am this morning, and they play the Sharks tonight.

Caps are off to a rough start. If they miss the playoffs, you gotta figure they'll blow it up...ore most of it, as Alex Ovetchkin is signed through like 2021.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Caps are off to a rough start. If they miss the playoffs, you gotta figure they'll blow it up...ore most of it, as Alex Ovetchkin is signed through like 2021.
    4 different posters. This thread has exceeded even my expectations.

I'm pretty sure the Avs have more injuries than points...at least Landeskog skated today.

Not real sure Sacco and company can turn things around, given Sakic's new role I'm hoping he takes over the front office in the next couple years.

Seabrook out for the game against the Canucks tonight. After the breakdown against LA on Sunday and not having Seabrook tonight, I'm feeling a first regulation loss for the Blackhawks tonight.

Seabrook being out hurts, but I think they will beat the Canucks. I think Coach Q will slide Leddy into a defensive pairing with Kieth. I like that pair quite a bit. It hurts defensive depth, but I don't think you will see a huge drop off in the Leddy/Kieth pairing. The reason we will beat the Canucks tonight will have more to do with the productivity of our "4th" line. They have been lights out. The hawks are so deep!

The Red Wings will try to snap a three-game skid against Nashville tonight. Detroit is middling so far this year.

Nevertheless, here's a housewarming gift for the new thread:

that picture makes me want to vomit

that picture makes me want to vomit
    I'm pretty sure that picture has to be a violation of some sort of board rule. I also want to vomit.

It matches the forum colors nicely.

too many breakaways for the Hawks without converting.

Hossa is so awesome

One more period to tie the nhl record. This team is amazing.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

fucking cheap shot on Hossa again. I hope to god he is OK.

I haven't followed hockey as much recently - Work, family, etc. I still check in on the Habs and Flyers, neither of which have been encouraging recently.

fucking cheap shot on Hossa again. I hope to god he is OK.
    This is why the Torres suspension wasn't enough, the nhl needs to send a stronger message. Thug teams like the canucks and coyotes are going to keep doing this shit because they know they cannot compete with the hawks without taking players out.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

Just watched the cheapshot. With Hansen knowing Hossa's concussion history that is as obvious of an attempt at headhunting as you will see in the NHL. Hossa was kicking their asses and in typical Canuck fashion when you cannot outskill, try to injure to gain advantage.

Hossa is one concussion away from ending his career and that is exactly what Hansen was trying to do. He shouldn't play another game this season and if that Red Wing discipline idiot had any balls, Hansen would be out of the league. There is no explanation for what Hansen did another than a deliberate attack at the head of a player with a history of concussions.
    --fjm.com

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    Just watched the cheapshot. With Hansen knowing Hossa's concussion history that is as obvious of an attempt at headhunting as you will see in the NHL. Hossa was kicking their asses and in typical Canuck fashion when you cannot outskill, try to injure to gain advantage.

Hossa is one concussion away from ending his career and that is exactly what Hansen was trying to do. He shouldn't play another game this season and if that Red Wing discipline idiot had any balls, Hansen would be out of the league. There is no explanation for what Hansen did another than a deliberate attack at the head of a player with a history of concussions.
    I really can't disagree. I was watching it live and I threw my coke zero across the room. It was a huge mess I had to clean up and I am still seething.

I didn't see the game. The Hawks are simply on another level.

The NHL needs to get serious about protecting their players.

Wow, just hopped on to nhl.com to see the hit, or should I say forearm shiver to the back of the head. Very low by 'nucks. I hope Hansen gets a sizeable suspension for that. There is no room in the game for that anymore.

And Rebird, I'm with you - this post has exceeded my expectations for NHL talk on this forum. Long live hockey!

This is why you the Canucks will never clean up their act. They encourage their players to take cheap shots and then hide claiming it is a "hockey play." It appears the term "hockey play" over the past year means, "take a cheap shot at Hossa's head and try to end his career."

Hansen on his cheap shot

Apparently I hit him in the back of the head, (that's) what the ref is telling me once I [came] down. It's a hockey play and we bumped together a little hard and he goes down. I can't really do anything about that. We both go for the puck and we ran into each other
    Vigneault on the cheap shot

"It wasn't even a penalty," Vigneault said. "Both referees looked at the play. Until Toews went out to talk to them, it wasn't even a penalty."

Vigneault doesn't believe Hansen will be punished for the hit.

"Not a chance, not a chance," Vigneault said. "He was trying to grab a puck in the air. It's unfortunate if the young man is hurt. [Hansen] was trying to jump to get the puck. Stuff happens."
    I said this in the hockey thread on the other board, the way an organization reacts to these types of hits tells the story of whether the player will reform or not. Pittsburgh threatened to cut Cooke because they would not tolerate his thug play. I've never been a Penguins fan, but I have complete respect for how they handled the Cooke situation. They created a culture where cheap shots were not allowed and Cooke knew he had to change.

When Duncan Keith threw an elbow at Sedin last year, the Blackhawks did not justify his actions. They acknowledged it was a mistake and took the consequences.

Teams like the Coyotes and the Canucks are ruining the NHL with their culture of accepted headhunting and thug play.

By the way this is the second Blackhawk that Hansen has injured this year. He is a thug, no doubt about it. He is also is a wuss as well. Bolland challenged him to drop the gloves and answer for his hit, which is the appropriate way to police the game, and he runs and cowers away.
    Last edited by mpfunk; 02-20-2013 at 09:47 AM.
    --fjm.com

Slow motion on the elbow makes it pretty damn clear it was a cheap shot and that it was intentional. The slow motion starts at about 1:30 in the video. At best it is a reckless play that needs to be punished. I'm expecting no suspension.

--fjm.com

Watching it makes me angry all over again. Worthy of a 10 game suspension but I expect he gets one game.

I am just stopping by to say Go Oilers!!

Lindy Ruff fired by the Sabres. Surprising, although Buffalo has possibly the best goaltender in the league (Miller) and the best forward (Vanek), but are scuffling.

Watching it makes me angry all over again. Worthy of a 10 game suspension but I expect he gets one game.
    looks like I was right

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/89...ago-blackhawks

Banned
    The Blackhawks are insane this year.

I have several NHL teams that I like... not one of which is doing much this season.