Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: The Utah Basketball Rebuild Project Thread: 2013 and after

We don't have a 2017-18 thread yet, but Bealer officially got his extra year.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Good. Now we just need a good transfer or two for 2017.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Another interview with Bill Reilly today: https://espn700sports.com/interviews...coach-5-17-17/

Some highlights - with two scholarships left, they've got some guys they are talking to, but he is not going to panic and pick guys up...it's got to be the right guy.

With Kuz leaving, he is expecting (hoping? wishing? praying?) Rawson to have a big Senior season. He also said he expects Chris Seely to contribute, though he's not a great student, so Larry is working with him as well to mature. He was also positive about Donnie Tillman, and the other freshman we just signed from Vegas.

Said that Barefield is trying to get all the guys back early to work together.

The foreign trip is to Barcelona Spain and Paris France. He's excited about the bonding and Xs and Os getting started early. On a scale of 1-10, the competition they should be playing there is around an 8 (or that is what they requested).

Talked about Kuz leaving and that he felt it was better for Kyle to come back to school, but obviously he has a biased opinion there, and he felt like his voice wasn't totally heard by Kyle. But he also said that Kyle is in a great position because he got his degree. Now that he's in the draft he's hopeful that he represents the program well.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Since Bealer was stuck in a boot and couldn't get away, I asked him which of the young guys I'll be looking at next March to be stepping up next year.

He said Tillman and PoPoola have been doing really well. Especially "Pup".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting piece by Kenneth Ogbe, with some details of his story that were previously unknown, to me, at least.

http://gouvu.com/news/2017/10/23/men...ot-scared.aspx

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Interesting piece by Kenneth Ogbe, with some details of his story that were previously unknown, to me, at least.

It certainly doesn’t make Utah out to be the bad guy like many of the previous stories did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post

Great story. I completely understand why the U told him what they did and why he decided to transfer. It was the right move all around.