Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The Utah Basketball Rebuild Project Thread: 2013 and after

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    Yep. No one should ever mistake this for the definitive word on the 1998 Final Four team, which outside of a chapter or two in My Life on a Napkin, has really never been written.
    It looks like something somebody at KSL threw together. The book is waiting to be written. You're the perfect author. I kid not.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    It looks like something somebody at KSL threw together. The book is waiting to be written. You're the perfect author. I kid not.
    Thanks for the endorsement, but Rick is gone. It will never be written.

Okay, so does anyone know of any potential recruits the Utes may still sign this year? Seymour's departure opens up one schollie and I've heard rumors there may be one more. I hope there is an athletic PF out there somewhere that can rebound and play defense. Utah got killed on the boards in PAC-12 play and needs to get bigger and longer fast if they are going to continue to improve the win total next year.

As far as 2014 goes, does anyone have any inside information on where Brekkot Chapman ends up? He would go a long ways to filling a big need and getting the program back to where it has been traditionally.

I hadn't heard of the Seymour transfer until now. Hopefully there isn't more of that going on

Quote Originally Posted by #1 Utefan View Post
    Okay, so does anyone know of any potential recruits the Utes may still sign this year? Seymour's departure opens up one schollie and I've heard rumors there may be one more. I hope there is an athletic PF out there somewhere that can rebound and play defense. Utah got killed on the boards in PAC-12 play and needs to get bigger and longer fast if they are going to continue to improve the win total next year.

As far as 2014 goes, does anyone have any inside information on where Brekkot Chapman ends up? He would go a long ways to filling a big need and getting the program back to where it has been traditionally.
    As far as chapman goes, here is what we do know: Both of his parents are big Ute supporters. We are for sure his top choice in-state. However, he has stated that he wants to play somewhere warm. I think it will come down to us, arizona, and ucla, with gonzaga as a long shot. BYU fans will tell you that he is a lock for them because he has committed to playing with dalton nixon. this is bunk.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    As far as chapman goes, here is what we do know: Both of his parents are big Ute supporters. We are for sure his top choice in-state. However, he has stated that he wants to play somewhere warm. I think it will come down to us, arizona, and ucla, with gonzaga as a long shot. BYU fans will tell you that he is a lock for them because he has committed to playing with dalton nixon. this is bunk.
    Utah is warm. It gets over 100 degrees.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Utah is warm. It gets over 100 degrees.
    thats my hope.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

LA, are you trying to say that our athletic department is actually going to take hoops seriously?

What welcome news!

That page has been up since last summer, so the info is probably pretty dated. The design and extent of the project has changed dramatically since then. I think the official announcement is scheduled for the beginning of May.

The men's theatre is outside? That can't be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    The men's theatre is outside? That can't be good.
    If you squint, there is a thin grey line pointing inside. It is opposite the women's theater.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadrian View Post
    That page has been up since last summer, so the info is probably pretty dated. The design and extent of the project has changed dramatically since then. I think the official announcement is scheduled for the beginning of May.
    Details, details. Just send in your money!

--Yeats

Nothing more on transfers? Is Seymour even actually released yet? Anything on Dotson's med redshirt status?
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

Nothing more on transfers? Is Seymour even actually released yet? Anything on Dotson's med redshirt status?
    Nothing official has been made public about either of those players, but my bet is we don't see either in crimson next season with Onwas and Ogbe replacing them. That is strictly a hunch. I think the U is waiting to announce all departures and new signings at the same time once the signing period begins (in two days).

Last I heard (which was the Krystko interview nearly two weeks ago now), is that Seymour is still working out with the team and that he and Larry are working on a good landing spot for him. Larry put the odds at 99% that Seymour will be gone. If Ogbe commits, I anticipate we will hear about the next transfer in short order. If somehow Reynolds commits, I think we will hear about another transfer then too.

It is nice to be in this spot this year. Where we announce a transfer AFTER signing someone who is an upgrade, and not announcing a transfer and then scrambling to find a replacement off of the JUCO scrap pile.

Dotson can't apply for a hardship until his eligibility is expired. So that wouldn't be an issue until after the start of the season

Reggie Theus, a favorite of some back when Boylen's successor hadn't yet been named, is now head basketball coach at Cal State Northridge.

http://www.latimes.com/videogallery/...ate-Northridge

--Yeats

Justin Seymour is going to Murray State sounds like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by RunninU View Post
    Justin Seymour is going to Murray State sounds like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Makes sense. Its closer to home, and they are a pretty good team (won 21 games last year). Best of luck to him!

Makes sense. Its closer to home, and they are a pretty good team (won 21 games last year). Best of luck to him!
    Honestly, I'm tired of seeing former Utes shine elsewhere. It's been the root of the slide of each of our previous three head coaches and embodies programs that are going nowhere. For Larry's sake, I hope Seymour is nothing more than a starter and third or fourth option for the Racers.

Honestly, I'm tired of seeing former Utes shine elsewhere. It's been the root of the slide of each of our previous three head coaches and embodies programs that are going nowhere. For Larry's sake, I hope Seymour is nothing more than a starter and third or fourth option for the Racers.
    Outside of Clyburn (who was a Boylen guy only) and Henderson (a juvenille bozo), no one who has transferred has gone on to shine anywhere. Keep this in mind regarding Justin:

He is going to be most effective in a system where he is the two guard and has freedom to shoot at any time. He was never going to have that at Utah in the Pac-12. If he goes to Murray St. and averages 20 ppg, I still won't lament his loss. I wish him well, I appreciated his contributions to our team, but I think it was a mutually beneficial decision to split.

Outside of Clyburn (who was a Boylen guy only) and Henderson (a juvenille bozo), no one who has transferred has gone on to shine anywhere.
    O'Brien averaged 27 minutes, 7 points 5 boards for a low seed tournament team. We could really use another rebounding forward too.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    O'Brien averaged 27 minutes, 7 points 5 boards for a low seed tournament team. We could really use another rebounding forward too.
    I missed Obrien until we signed Loveridge. Loveridge is everything Obrien is and more. Same size too.

I missed Obrien until we signed Loveridge. Loveridge is everything Obrien is and more. Same size too.
    Sure, if it's one or the other, you take Loveridge every time. But who wouldn't want both?

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Sure, if it's one or the other, you take Loveridge every time. But who wouldn't want both?
    I guess I just see him as an easily replaceable role player, rather than someone who would be a difference maker for us.

Outside of Clyburn (who was a Boylen guy only) and Henderson (a juvenille bozo), no one who has transferred has gone on to shine anywhere.
    No one besides Clyburn and Henderson? Really? I'll give you a few minutes to rethink that one.

I am sorry those guys left. With them we probably avoid the worst season in Ute basketball history, and I would sure like to have seen that avoided. But what's done is done.

--Yeats

No one besides Clyburn and Henderson? Really? I'll give you a few minutes to rethink that one.
    You cant possibly be serious...........

You cant possibly be serious...........

He is serious Chris Kupets tore it up at Vanguard. You know Vanguard. He averaged 14.3 ppg with a high of 38 and you can't forget Antonio Dimaria averaging 8.1 ppg at Emporia State.
    Last edited by Woody; 07-09-2013 at 10:54 PM.