Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Think Blue - Go Dodgers!

Hybrid View

why would anybody write an article about something so obvious?

Anyway, its LA's Ute's chance to read the Atlantic.

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertain...koufax/503036/

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    why would anybody write an article about something so obvious?

Anyway, its LA's Ute's chance to read the Atlantic.

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertain...koufax/503036/
    Great piece, thanks. I hadn't seen it.

BTW, I enjoy the Atlantic, even if SU says it's no good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

By the way, just for the record, the Nationals seem to be the better team this year, and it just seems to be their time. Nevertheless, I continue to root for the boys in blue. Maybe they will pull it off this year when they are not supposed to.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    By the way, just for the record, the Nationals seem to be the better team this year, and it just seems to be their time. Nevertheless, I continue to root for the boys in blue. Maybe they will pull it off this year when they are not supposed to.

In the Scherzer vs. Rich Hill match up, you've gotta favor Scherzer and the home team. However, he's been known to give up the long ball this season and the LA lineup seems to have some pop. Here's hoping you guys are sad come tomorrow night.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

What an amazing game. The Nats played so well I felt bad to see them lose. But I'm happy for my Dodgers. Let's see how they do against the Cubs.

--Yeats

Poor Blanton. He's got the guy at 0-2 with the bases loaded and he throws a gopher ball? To a pinch hitter with a .216 average?Then his very next pitch is another gopher ball? He will need some friends tonight. If I had a photo of a goat handy I'd insert it here.

--Yeats

I love watching great pitchers perform. Kershaw and Jansen were superb last night.

--Yeats

I love watching great pitchers perform. Kershaw and Jansen were superb last night.

Rich Hill followed it with an incredible performances. Let's hope the rookie can do it again tonight.

Have you made it to a playoff game LA?

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Lunch View Post
    Rich Hill followed it with an incredible performances. Let's hope the rookie can do it again tonight.

I'm still mad about his balk-pick-off move on Harper.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Lunch View Post

I saw the Oct. 10 game against the Nats (Dodgers used 9 pithers and lost, 8-3.) I'm going to Thursday's game against the Cubbies. Can't wait. With some luck I might see the deciding game.

And this is for DrumNFeather:

MLB Playoffs: Breaking down Julio Urias' filthy pickoff move before NLCS Game 4
    Last edited by LA Ute; 10-19-2016 at 09:58 AM.

--Yeats

Think Blue - Go Dodgers!

I got to go to tonight's game. The Cubs simply have better pitching. That was clear tonight.
    Last edited by LA Ute; 10-21-2016 at 12:34 AM.

--Yeats

I got to go to tonight's game. The Cubs simply have better pitching. That was clear tonight.
    I saw you on tv. Right behind home plate. AT first I thought it was Larry King. with his finger in his mouth most of the time, looking really old, but I realize must have been you. The resemblance is uncanny.

I saw you on tv. Right behind home plate. AT first I thought it was Larry King. with his finger in his mouth most of the time, looking really old, but I realize must have been you. The resemblance is uncanny.
    Fooled you. That was my own doppelgänger. We were sitting disconsolately on the 3rd base line.

--Yeats

Fooled you. That was my own doppelgänger. We were sitting disconsolately on the 3rd base line.

Good to know
    Not many people would admit to Larry King as their doppelganger.

Think Blue - Go Dodgers!

Good to know
    Not many people would admit to Larry King as their doppelganger.
    Oh, THAT Larry king. I thought you were referring to this one:

He is an interesting fellow. For example, this Larry tells me he's a doppelgänger for more than one person. What are the odds?

--Yeats

It was a shocking finale, an epic loss. I think there will be changes, but who knows? I also think that if Kershaw stays with the team he needs to get some intensive therapy to overcome his tendency to choke in the post-season. I'm serious. He is a great pitcher and still young enough to get past the stigma of post-season goat.

Still, a juggernaut like the Dodgers succumbing in the first round sent a shock wave across the industry. Teams like the Dodgers, who won a franchise record 106 games in 2019, rarely lose this quickly. Since the introduction of the wild card in 1995 through 2018, six teams finished the regular season with 104 wins or more. All of them survived the division series. (The Houston Astros would join the Dodgers in ignominy if they lose to the Tampa Bay Rays in their Game 5 on Thursday night.)As the Dodgers fade into a winter of reckoning, they must deal with this reality. Only two teams in history have put together postseason appearance streaks longer than the Dodgers’ current run of seven: the Atlanta Braves and the New York Yankees of the 1990s and 2000s. Unlike the Dodgers, both of those organizations took home rings. The Yankees won four championships in five years from 1996 through 2000. The Braves managed only one title, in 1995—a disappointment, but still one more than these Dodgers, who last won the World Series in 1988.

Maybe the Dodgers will still claim their long-awaited prize eventually, but they could look different in 2020. Nearly all of Roberts’s major decisions backfired Wednesday. It might cost him his job. At the same time, it seems difficult to improve the Dodgers. Every year, they establish themselves as arguably the best team in baseball. Every year, they lose too soon.

In 2019, they lost sooner than anybody imagined.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/another-season-ends-in-devastating-fashion-for-the-los-angeles-dodgers-11570707854?emailToken=318de763bc2c9dc296ed61c456c 17c359wPk6aTMuYNqqRDj2zGug4InvNzdOB8v6hiKKOtEXTavy q0JXYeTMhz1AbqReDYH323sJNvKOnflUIjAbeKgF7+E3+SBiUM FD7VEvJtP3PCPUHb0/LQ6taqK1ENGT9tyl7wiEofXtf9bWAOSMac+wg%3D%3D&reflin k=article_gmail_share
    Last edited by LA Ute; 10-10-2019 at 04:03 PM.

--Yeats

Think Blue - Go Dodgers!

Walk-off homer! I’m telling you, the Boys in Blue are on their way!!
    Last edited by LA Ute; 10-15-2017 at 11:22 PM.

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by la ute View Post
    walk-off homer! I’m telling you, the boys in blue are on their way!!
    booooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A former Ute player is in the Dodgers organization. Lucky kid.

Dodgers prospect Riley Otteson benefits from two-year mission to Japan

http://www.mlive.com/loons/index.ssf...y_otteson.html

--Yeats

NLCS tonight!

--Yeats

NLCS tonight!
    Quite a game you're watching. What a catch in right in the 10th.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Quite a game you're watching. What a catch in right in the 10th.
    Bellinger is the best athlete on the team.

Have the TV commentators said how many strikeouts each team has? Must be a lot. Dodgers batters have been behind in the pitch count all game long.

--Yeats

Bellinger is the best athlete on the team.

Have the TV commentators said how many strikeouts each team has? Must be a lot. Dodgers batters have been behind in the pitch count all game long.
    Through 12, Dodger pitchers have 14, Brewers have 17.

NLCS tonight!

So is that a little sushi and tofu in the styrofoam container?

Quote Originally Posted by Irving Washington View Post
    So is that a little sushi and tofu in the styrofoam container?
    Dodger Dogs are everywhere, Yankees fanboy.

--Yeats

Dodgers players celebrating in the outfield.

--Yeats

Despite disappointment, Dodgers look forward to what’s ahead

https://dodgers.mlblogs.com/despite-...d-d693c9edc494

--Yeats

Dodgers get better of blockbuster deal simply by getting rid of Yasiel Puig

https://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp...221-story.html

I think Plaschke is right.

--Yeats

This only happens in early April, so I need to enjoy it when it happens. Padres sit atop NL West after wild win at Arizona