Page 71 of 114 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,130 of 3412

Thread: I Wish I Knew How to Quit You - The BYU Sports Thread

I Wish I Knew How to Quit You - The BYU Sports Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
    Wait, I bet he's pre-med and he's just checking that knee for lateral stability. He obviously had to dive at the QB cause he was uncooperative, and too big for a linebacker to tackle at the waist.
    Doesn't look similar at all to me. But if it is as you say, I hope the Utah player was spoken to after the game. I hope the BYU player was too. I don't think it's OK just because our rival does it. I'm guessing you don't either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by LA Ute; 09-06-2015 at 08:47 PM.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

And this:

It looks like the BYU player sees the miss and the ball bounce in front of him before he rolls into the Nebraska player and ends his season. I hope the BYU guy at least sends his victim flowers in the hospital.
    Last edited by LA Ute; 09-09-2015 at 07:13 PM.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Looks similar to the sack at the 9:08 mark in the video below ... and similar to the one at the 9:16 mark where the defender dives at the QB's knee, then hangs on as he does an alligator roll. But I guess Whitingham learned how to teach that technique from his time spent at BYU. So, you have that.

Lol!!!!!!Youd have to have Shawn Bradleys wingspan to stretchas far as you are in that argument!

So you guys waltz into the Big House, beat UM, are in the P12 and all you can talk about here is cheap shots from BYU???

You guys need to take a deep breath, heed Devil Dog's advice, and just walk away from this thread.

The confirmation bias involved in posting "cheap shot" videos of one's rival is staggering. "See, there's a VINE showing how dirty BYU plays! I knew they were dirty! They have no conference to regulate their dirty play!" LOL.

Oh, this was interesting. Man, the Utes are cheap shot artists! I knew it!

https://youtu.be/tPsekTY4aR8

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    Lol!!!!!!Youd have to have Shawn Bradleys wingspan to stretchas far as you are in that argument!
    In the first one, he wrenches the QB's leg and flips his foot in the air after a full alligator role. Of course, I guess he's just being playful like Paul's playful forearm shiver to the back of the head of the Michigan player. In the second one, why dive at the knee? Why roll on the ground hanging onto the leg, wrenching it while he rolls, when the QB is clearly down on his belly?

I think the bigger issue is, despite beating the fighting Harbaughs and all of the hyperbole surrounding the favoured son's return to Michigan, BYU dominated the headlines for the opening weekend of college football. It's still front page news this morning. No matter what he does, little brother just can't get out from behind the shadow of big brother.

In the first one, he wrenches the QB's leg and flips his foot in the air after a full alligator role. Of course, I guess he's just being playful like Paul's playful forearm shiver to the back of the head of the Michigan player. In the second one, why dive at the knee? Why roll on the ground hanging onto the leg, wrenching it while he rolls, when the QB is clearly down on his belly?

I think the bigger issue is, despite beating the fighting Harbaughs and all of the hyperbole surrounding the favoured son's return to Michigan, BYU dominated the headlines for the opening weekend of college football. It's still front page news this morning. No matter what he does, little brother just can't get out from behind the shadow of big brother.
    You dominated the headlines after the beach brawl as well. Not all headlines are good when it comes to you guys.

My advice to you big brother is to stop being that loser older brother who has to hang out with his little brother and his friends because your own friends can't stand you. It also doesn't look good on you that your little brother continues to beat your ass at everything that is relevant now a days.

I Wish I Knew How to Quit You - The BYU Sports Thread

As far as game week pranks go, this one is pretty damn good.

https://twitter.com/dianaallen/statu...46053448974336

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Lunch View Post
    You dominated the headlines after the beach brawl as well. Not all headlines are good when it comes to you guys.

My advice to you big brother is to stop being that loser older brother who has to hang out with his little brother and his friends because your own friends can't stand you. It also doesn't look good on you that your little brother continues to beat your ass at everything that is relevant now a days.
    lol the big "popular" football player got his feelings hurt. I've got a big brother here too, so I get the dynamic. It's hard when the only thing relevant to happen in the state of Utah or coming from the state of Utah, football wise, were these two things:

harbaughbus.jpg

15887970E.jpg
    Last edited by tooblue; 09-07-2015 at 09:12 AM.

And I read that Utah banned the Harbaugh bus from being on campus lol:

http://collegespun.com/big-ten/michi...ming-on-campus

lol the big "popular" football player got his feelings hurt. I've got a big brother here too, so I get the dynamic. It's hard when the only thing relevant to happen in the state of Utah or coming from the state of Utah, football wise, were these two things:

harbaughbus.jpg

15887970E.jpg
    My feelings aren't hurt. It takes much more than that. I just don't mind calling someone out when they are a total jackass like yourself. Carry on though. Whatever it is you are doing and trying to prove is entertaining no matter how stupid you look while doing so.

And I read that Utah banned the Harbaugh bus from being on campus lol:

http://collegespun.com/big-ten/michi...ming-on-campus
    Yes, that was a good thing. Whitt played a solid trump card with that move.

Fuck Fox Sports and the Harbaugh hype. My Michigan friends were embarrassed by that, and the tOSU friends wont stop nagging them for it.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    Yes, that was a good thing. Whitt played a solid trump card with that move.

Fuck Fox Sports and the Harbaugh hype. My Michigan friends were embarrassed by that, and the tOSU friends wont stop nagging them for it.
    The article said Whit and Hill had nothing to do with it. The whole Harbaugh thing was/is beyond ridiculous. It's going to go on all season long.

My feelings aren't hurt. It takes much more than that. I just don't mind calling someone out when they are a total jackass like yourself. Carry on though. Whatever it is you are doing and trying to prove is entertaining no matter how stupid you look while doing so.
    This is a Utah sports message board, with a crazy active thread about BYU! Much of the content here is mean spirited, for no other reason than that—to be mean spirited. If I'm a jackass, I'm in damb good company.

And I've said it before. I am a college football fan first. Despite the fact I am bigger BYU fan than Utah fan, I prefer the company of Utes. Generally, Utes are more pleasant and sports knowledgeable, this thread excepted.
    Last edited by tooblue; 09-07-2015 at 09:44 AM.

This is a Utah sports message board, with a crazy active thread about BYU! Much of the content here is mean spirited, for no other reason than that—to be mean spirited. If I'm a jackass, I'm in damb good company.

And I've said it before. I am a college football fan first. Despite the fact I am bigger BYU fan than Utah fan, I prefer the company of Utes. Generally, Utes are more pleasant and sports knowledgeable, this thread excepted.
    I hope you realize that you are the one driving this.

Yes, I agree with you that Utah fans are more sports knowledgeable than BYU fans.

I hope you realize that you are the one driving this.

Yes, I agree with you that Utah fans are more sports knowledgeable than BYU fans.
    I didn't start the thread. There were many mean spirited posts here before I ever posted in it. I'm not driving anything. That's on the Ute fans here.

Looks similar to the sack at the 9:08 mark in the video below ... and similar to the one at the 9:16 mark where the defender dives at the QB's knee, then hangs on as he does an alligator roll. But I guess Whitingham learned how to teach that technique from his time spent at BYU. So, you have that.

Two questions:

1. Are you really serious thinking either of those tackles are similar? Even so, if there was intent to injure or end the career of an opponent then yes I have a problem with it.

2. Regardless, are you really okay and defending gator rolls and going for opponents knees?

I don't care who it is, when or what I don't like any of that crap. I didn't like when Chris Kemeoatu kicked people in the pile and I sure as hell don't defend that sort of stuff. I don't like when Gionni Paul has a late hit against Mich. QB and not just because it resulted in a new set of downs and a TD, but because I don't like cheap shots. I won't defend Marshall Henderson swinging at Emery, or Drca kicking an opponent either. It all needs to be done away with and is stupid. And doing things that result in game/season/career ending injuries takes it to a new level.

So I just don't get the defense of it by fans or coaches, it is times like that where it is time to step back from your fandom a bit and realize what exactly it is that you are defending.

I didn't start the thread. There were many mean spirited posts here before I ever posted in it. I'm not driving anything. That's on the Ute fans here.
    You mean Ute fans don't like BYU? Genius!

I'm sure there are plenty of threads about Utah over on the BYU board. Much more than the 1 BYU thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    Two questions:

1. Are you really serious thinking either of those tackles are similar? Even so, if there was intent to injure or end the career of an opponent then yes I have a problem with it.

2. Regardless, are you really okay and defending gator rolls and going for opponents knees?

I don't care who it is, when or what I don't like any of that crap. I didn't like when Chris Kemeoatu kicked people in the pile and I sure as hell don't defend that sort of stuff. I don't like when Gionni Paul has a late hit against Mich. QB and not just because it resulted in a new set of downs and a TD, but because I don't like cheap shots. I won't defend Marshall Henderson swinging at Emery, or Drca kicking an opponent either. It all needs to be done away with and is stupid. And doing things that result in game/season/career ending injuries takes it to a new level.

So I just don't get the defense of it by fans or coaches, it is times like that where it is time to step back from your fandom a bit and realize what exactly it is that you are defending.

The videos are unquestionably equatable. There is no intent to injure on the part of #90, who is already in a half roll, then fully rolls to his belly to get up. If he was really intent on injuring the QB all 280 pounds of him would've done just that. Take your own advice about fandom a bit, and recognize how common the alligator roll is across the board.

I defended the dive at the knees only as being an unfortunate part of football. The sideline official, on the field of play, didn't flag it, so there must have been clarity in his mind that it was a football play. Is it cheap? Arguably, yes. As much as Paul's late hit and fore arm shiver in the Utah game.

These plays happen frequently in every game. Should it be a part of game? I don't think cut blocks should be allowed period, but diving at the knees is what happens, just as your LB in the clip I posted inexplicably, not needing to, dove at the CSU QB's knees ... then rolled and hung on for dear life, even though the QB was clearly on the ground.

But it's your fandom that asserts, if it's my guy it just happens and is "clean." If it's a BYU guy, it's dirty for no other reason than he is a BYU guy.

"It'd be nice to please everyone but I thought it would be more interesting to have a point of view." -- Oscar Levant

Quote Originally Posted by USS Utah View Post
    I get it. BYU is bad, evil, terrible ... all those things. Poor Travis Tuiloma. He should just know that his knees are fair game, and it's a part of football, but everything else is just evil BYU doing evil things to others.
    Last edited by tooblue; 09-07-2015 at 11:30 AM.

I get it. BYU is bad, evil, terrible ... all those things. Poor Travis Tuiloma. He should just know that his knees are fair game, and it's a part of football, but everything else is just evil BYU doing evil things to others.
    Yawn.....youve reached moose whistle levels od trolling here. Get some new matrrial.

I get it.
    No, you don't. That was directed at my fellow Ute fans.
    "It'd be nice to please everyone but I thought it would be more interesting to have a point of view." -- Oscar Levant

Quote Originally Posted by USS Utah View Post
    No, you don't. That was directed at my fellow Ute fans.
    Sorry to misunderstand.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    Yawn.....youve reached moose whistle levels od trolling here. Get some new matrrial.
    I don't think you are paying attention. LOL, Here you go ... Hey, I'd love to watch the Utah game this week. Is it on tv? Is the vaunted PAC 12 network on Direct tv yet? Of course, along with ALL of America I got the watch the BYU v Nebraska game at 3:30 this past Saturday!

I don't think you are paying attention. LOL, Here you go ... Hey, I'd love to watch the Utah game this week. Is it on tv? Is the vaunted PAC 12 network on Direct tv yet? Of course, along with ALL of America I got the watch the BYU v Nebraska game at 3:30 this past Saturday!
    ESPN2. I think they get that channel in Canada.
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    So you guys waltz into the Big House, beat UM, are in the P12 and all you can talk about here is cheap shots from BYU???

You guys need to take a deep breath, heed Devil Dog's advice, and just walk away from this thread.

The confirmation bias involved in posting "cheap shot" videos of one's rival is staggering. "See, there's a VINE showing how dirty BYU plays! I knew they were dirty! They have no conference to regulate their dirty play!" LOL.

Oh, this was interesting. Man, the Utes are cheap shot artists! I knew it!

https://youtu.be/tPsekTY4aR8
    I hate you, Viking. Just had to get that off my chest.

--Yeats

Good interview with Tanner Mangum. He talks about his mission etc. For those interested:

He is something of an anomaly. He is the first quarterback to come directly to BYU out of high school since before Max Hall. Max and all his successors went to another school first, then on a mission, then transferred to BYU. Recruiting seems to be improving!

--Yeats

Boise, aka Paradise...I wish that was true.
    He and his dad came into work before his mission. He seemed very level headed and not cocky. His dad knew some of the doctors I worked with at the U.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    He is something of an anomaly. He is the first quarterback to come directly to BYU out of high school since before Max Hall. Max and all his successors went to another school first, then on a mission, then transferred to BYU. Recruiting seems to be improving!
    You forgot Jake Heaps ... I wish I were so lucky.