Page 102 of 114 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,060 of 3412

Thread: I Wish I Knew How to Quit You - The BYU Sports Thread

BYU only needs to block him until Sept 1 I think and then he loses more time if he leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    BYU only needs to block him until Sept 1 I think and then he loses more time if he leaves.
    I'm sure they'll let him go. It's such a charitable, forgiving place.

They cant block him from leaving and going anywhere he wants. They can only not release him and prevent him from being on scholarship for 1 year.

True, but he'd have to pay his own way. If they release him, he can get on scholarship. I think after Sept 1, no scholarship.

I think.

True, but he'd have to pay his own way. If they release him, he can get on scholarship. I think after Sept 1, no scholarship.

I think.
    I wish all athletes could pay tuition for one year. Maybe then they would realize they are getting paid to play.

So in other words the Y is doing exactly what USU did. That kid enrolled at the Y, but cant get a scholie. The situations are completely different, and i am an idiot because i cant see it, I know.

I am guessing that if Bernard leaves before Sept. 1, then this counts as his red shirt year, and he can play next year. If after Sept 1, then then he has to sit out next year. I am guessing it is the same situation as the Alabama qb who left in Sept. last year to play at ASU this year, but I am guessing.

I think you're spot on. I don't know why/how Kalani has such a shiny reputation but the guy is a snake.

He screwed over players at Utah, he did it at OSU and he's doing it now. And yet everyone loves him.

That's talent right there.

I think you're spot on. I don't know why/how Kalani has such a shiny reputation but the guy is a snake.

He screwed over players at Utah, he did it at OSU and he's doing it now. And yet everyone loves him.

That's talent right there.
    You've resorted to borderline slander now? That's pathetic.

So far, the only person who has not said anything is Francis Bernard. So, you are dealing with supposition, opinion and guess work until he chooses to speak for himself.
    Last edited by tooblue; 08-22-2017 at 06:16 PM.

FB has been at practice all week, FWIW. If he wants to be a Ute, he'll be a Ute.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Monstah View Post
    FB has been at practice all week, FWIW. If he wants to be a Ute, he'll be a Ute.
    At Utah's practice or at byu's practice?

I think too much time and energy are devoted to these Utah-BYU transfer issues. Although I do hope that any kid who transfers from Utah to any opponent has a miserable performance when he plays the Utes.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    I think too much time and energy are devoted to these Utah-BYU transfer issues. Although I do hope that any kid who transfers from Utah to any opponent has a miserable performance when he plays the Utes.
    I hope he has a great game, but loses.

I can't recall the last kid that transferred from BYU to Utah in any sport. It doesn't happen too often.

It could be the tar and feathering?

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    I can't recall the last kid that transferred from BYU to Utah in any sport. It doesn't happen too often.

It could be the tar and feathering?
    Jake Murphy?

That's too generous. I hope players that transfer away from Utah fail in every game, blow it in key moments for their new teams, and end up hopeless and penniless in the street.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Jake Murphy?
    Wasn't he a missionary commit to BYU who flipped, but never was on the team at BYU?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

And didn't Bronco want him to gray shirt?

I figured Jake Heaps was on Utah's team in 2011.

We can't have this thread buried on page 2.

Wasn't this the first sign of the second coming or something?

BYU to sell caffeinated soda on campus

In a side note: Firefox doesn't think 'caffeinated' is a real word.
    Last edited by U-Ute; 09-21-2017 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Typo.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    We can't have this thread buried on page 2.

Wasn't this the first sign of the second coming or something?

BYU to sell caffeinated soda on campus

In a side note: Firefox doesn't think 'caffeinated' is a real world.
    Can't believe the caffeine curtain fell before the beard curtain. Stay strong, beardless Provo losers! Your day will come!

so what the heck is the difference between coke (diet or regular) and coffee, other than the proven health benefits of coffee and health detriments of coke?

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    so what the heck is the difference between coke (diet or regular) and coffee, other than the proven health benefits of coffee and health detriments of coke?
    this seems like its in Tooblue's wheelhouse or igloo, he has that secular training that many of us missed out on.

This is going to have a huge negative financial effect on gas stations and convenience stores that circle BYU's campus.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    This is going to have a huge negative financial effect on gas stations and convenience stores that circle BYU's campus.
    I took my daughter on the church Colorado River rafting trip this summer. Campground about 20 miles upriver from Moab. Every night, two car loads of parents would drive into town to get the biggest size diet caffeinated soda at the c store.

No idea, but be careful with the word "proven" when it comes to nutritional science. I don't doubt that there are health benefits to coffee (it's a plant, after all), but there are certainly negative side effects as well. We can't even nail down costs/benefits for medicines that are the focus of well-funded longitudinal studies. Nutrition is a difficult science.

Anyway, I think everyone agrees that soda doesn't come with many health benefits. My Dad has believed in the good luck power of a halftime Coke for decades. I always drink a halftime coke for good luck, and that's pretty much the only soda I drink.

Oh boy, here we go........ (ironic that he's drinking a soda--probably caffeinated-- isn't it?)
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

Denying the health benefits of coffee is like denying man made climate change. You can believe what you want.

My anecdotal belief based on the fact I grew up here:

The D&C says "no hot drinks". People knew that meant to be coffees and teas. The reason is the whole "your body is a temple" sort of thing. People extrapolated that since caffeine is the primary ingredient in both coffee and tea, it was the reason for the avoidance.

So my sense is the ban is more a product of urban legend and the ecclesiastical race between the Jonses than the church. I don't ever remember the church proper (QoT or prophet) making a decree that caffeinated sodas were to be avoided.

Mmmm coffee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk