Page 88 of 114 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,640 of 3412

Thread: I Wish I Knew How to Quit You - The BYU Sports Thread

Quote Originally Posted by UBlender View Post
    As you wish.
    Good luck dude! Some dude named Jalen Thomas tweeted it earlier. I actually got a text from a friend with it included. I had to disappoint him by telling him I wrote it. Small world.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    It was Ron McBride doing most of the talking, so ... yah, go Cougs!

Quote Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
    It was Ron McBride doing most of the talking, so ... yah, go Cougs!
    Not one word of that came from McBride.

Apparently, a woman posted on CB earlier today reminding everyone that football starts in one week and to use those seven days to do nice things for their wives and children. She got absolutely torched. Not just in the immediate thread but there were thread after thread added dedicated to mocking, criticizing and personally attacking her. You can't say "that's what she said" on that site without getting penalized but you can make misogynist and homophobic comments without raising an eye brow.

Also, you can argue that "based off of the Vegas Bowl, Utah's d-line is maybe a little bit better than Utah's but the o-lines should be equal" and have a bunch of people agree with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Apparently, a woman posted on CB earlier today reminding everyone that football starts in one week and to use those seven days to do nice things for their wives and children. She got absolutely torched. Not just in the immediate thread but there were thread after thread added dedicated to mocking, criticizing and personally attacking her. You can't say "that's what she said" on that site without getting penalized but you can make misogynist and homophobic comments without raising an eye brow.

Also, you can argue that "based off of the Vegas Bowl, Utah's d-line is maybe a little bit better than Utah's but the o-lines should be equal" and have a bunch of people agree with you.

That's what happens when you run out the same troll post exactly three years after the first time you tried it. You thought that was actually a woman?
    We're up to snuff, we never bluff, we're game for any fuss. Or at least we used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by kccougar View Post
    That's what happens when you run out the same troll post exactly three years after the first time you tried it. You thought that was actually a woman?
    So it was you? That sounds like a better response than most of your troll jobs. Maybe you should concentrate solely on CB.

The best thing on Twitter today.

So awesome. Especially since the Pats didn't have a first round pick...

Brady Poppinga apparently graduated from the Brian Williams school of creative journalism. At least he can fall back on questioning whether other sports writers in Utah are Mormon enough. (His exchange with Gordon Monson a few years ago was an utter embarrassment).
    Last edited by NorthwestUteFan; 08-30-2016 at 09:37 PM.

Then Harvey Langi is a fool. To have a first round draft pick grade and go back to school...especially at his age? Nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    Then Harvey Langi is a fool. To have a first round draft pick grade and go back to school...especially at his age? Nuts.
    Matt Barkley is the cautionary tale.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    Matt Barkley is the cautionary tale.
    and Matt Leinart. It has replaced the Heisman as a USC tradition. (Although mark Sanchez played it exactly right when Pete Carroll said he wasn't ready and tried to block the exit.)

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    So awesome. Especially since the Pats didn't have a first round pick...
    Maybe Belichick was trolling Brady....

I Wish I Knew How to Quit You - The BYU Sports Thread

I think I could make a fun thread about "the best thing on Twitter today." This was yesterday's. It starts off with a random member in the media quoting an LDS Arizona player about how he just doesn't like BYU. Of course, a BYU fan gets ear of the quote and throws out their favorite, "someone doesn't like us because they're obviously bitter that we didn't want them. So a Utah fan jumps in and accuses the kid of not spending enough time outside the Provo bubble. The kid is incensed by the inference that he's lived a sheltered life and assures the Utah fan that he's only spent 2 years of his life in Provo. That Ute fan sure felt dumb.

Lesson: next time you want to accuse of BYU fan for living a sheltered life in the Provo bubble, give them the benefit of the doubt because they may surprise you by being from American Fork, or Orem, or Lehi, or Highland, or Pleasant Grove...

Especially if they have an unusual name like Tanner.

oh good lord this made me laugh! Way to go Tanner. You are a man of the world

I think I could make a fun thread about "the best thing on Twitter today." This was yesterday's. It starts off with a random member in the media quoting an LDS Arizona player about how he just doesn't like BYU. Of course, a BYU fan gets ear of the quote and throws out their favorite, "someone doesn't like us because they're obviously bitter that we didn't want them. So a Utah fan jumps in and accuses the kid of not spending enough time outside the Provo bubble. The kid is incensed by the inference that he's lived a sheltered life and assures the Utah fan that he's only spent 2 years of his life in Provo. That Ute fan sure felt dumb.

Lesson: next time you want to accuse of BYU fan for living a sheltered life in the Provo bubble, give them the benefit of the doubt because they may surprise you by being from American Fork, or Orem, or Lehi, or Highland, or Pleasant Grove...

Especially if they have an unusual name like Tanner.

Until you've lived life as a Forker don't mock the life of a Forker.

His "3.5 years in AF" does not mean Air Force, btw.

Ouch...

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    Ouch...
    I hereby disavow this photo (which I know is not your work). Ute fans can't be hoping for a player to get injured, or finding joy in a player's injury.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Good article about Hill and his season ending injury streak. I've got nothing against the kid. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...mming-national

Good article about Hill and his season ending injury streak. I've got nothing against the kid. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...mming-national
    I have a little against him. I haven't been praying for another injury, but I'm probably not going to lose any sleep if he does get hurt.

I hereby disavow this photo (which I know is not your work). Ute fans can't be hoping for a player to get injured, or finding joy in a player's injury.
    There is a big difference between hoping and expecting. As the saying in investing goes, past results do not predict future performance, but in sports it is hard to remove the stigma of being injury prone.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

I don't think it is calling for someone to get injured as much as it is pointing out he fact he appears to be injury prone.

Just a harsh reality check.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    Where is the Arizona BYU game on television
    Fs1

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    Fs1
    Gracias

I wondered if the celebrations after every minor tackle would continue even after Bronco's departure. Looks like the answer is yes.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Sounds like a home crowd for the Cougars

--Yeats

Mendenhall sounds the same in Charlottesville as he did in Provo:

"The pass defense was not effective today. It was not what I'm used to, and that's reflective of the teacher."

--Yeats

This looks interesting. I'm saving it to read later.

Week One, Pt 1: The Holy War

http://13saturdays.com/blog/2016/9/11/week-one-utah

Excerpt:

After my trip to Salt Lake City, I'm starting to think that Texas' rejection may have been one of the greatest things to ever happen to the Pac-12, because without Texas' rejection, Utah never joins the Pac. If Colorado is the fat girl at the party, Utah is someone's random cousin who nobody knew much about before the night began, but ended up being way more attractive and fun than anyone could have imagined - an absolute winner.

--Yeats