Page 93 of 114 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,790 of 3412

Thread: I Wish I Knew How to Quit You - The BYU Sports Thread

720P baby! That HD truck is nice...

Fun prediction: Toledo will blow out BYU in the second half.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Fun prediction: Toledo will blow out BYU in the second half.
    Not quite but they did give up 53 points to...Toledo.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Not quite but they did give up 53 points to...Toledo.
    Toledo... is average. What is new here? Same old... same old. Damn MAC conference opponent drove them to the last possession at home. The zoobs are so weak. They hurt our strength of schedule... damn they suck.

Lowell throwing fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
    Toledo... is average. What is new here? Same old... same old. Damn MAC conference opponent drove them to the last possession at home. The zoobs are so weak. They hurt our strength of schedule... damn they suck.
    Lmao

BYU athletics: Majority of Utahns say BYU shouldn’t adjust Honor Code for Big 12 admittance

83% of LDS respondents.

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/4417968...-of-utahns-say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

BYU athletics: Majority of Utahns say BYU shouldn’t adjust Honor Code for Big 12 admittance

83% of LDS respondents.

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/4417968...-of-utahns-say

This is why the state of Utah is going to embarrass us all and give its four electoral votes to Trump. It's still dominated by religious crazies, as much as some of us would like to think otherwise.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    This is why the state of Utah is going to embarrass us all and give its four electoral votes to Trump. It's still dominated by religious crazies, as much as some of us would like to think otherwise.
    I am no religious crazy at all. But Hell Yeah Trump! Just plain crazy.

Oregon State has any many conference wins as Michigan State, Miss State, and Arizona combined.

We are the best team BYU will face all year. If Boise St has six TO's, BYU won't lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    We are the best team BYU will face all year. If Boise St has six TO's, BYU won't lose.
    It surprised me that this game opened as even.

WVU, Utah and a healthy UCLA are all better than Boise. Really good chance BYU wins and Kalani gets 10 wins his first year. Damn. Heck, Toledo may be better than Boise.

If school down south had lost to Miss. St., going .500 and getting humbled at home, believe it or not I was feeling I would want them to beat Boise State, knocking the Idaho trucking institute out of most post season discussions. But, seeing that the provostan school pulled it out, I now would like to see them get destroyed, take no prisoners.

Donkos vs BYU

Boise looking like world beaters early in this one

that is about the dumbest call I have ever seen

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

byu ran a fake punt run 4th and 19 from their 2 yard line

"Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Harsin has the look and mannerisms of Bronco on the sidelines. Creepy. As far as the 4th down call? I don't think a first time PeeWee coach would've made that call. Stunningly incompetent.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    byu ran a fake punt run 4th and 19 from their 2 yard line

Has any coach on the BYU staff admitted to calling that play? I am curious about whose brainchild it was.

--Yeats

Has any coach on the BYU staff admitted to calling that play? I am curious about whose brainchild it was.
    Sitake fell on the sword. Said they had seem something on tape that convinced them it would work, and decided to go for it when BSU lined up in that formation. Said they wanted to be aggressive. Boise however switched out of that formation at the last second. Oh well. Taking a beating nationally for that decision. Boise got no points out of it, apparently.

That decision was almost as bad as BYU's decision to go independent.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Seriously - can anyone think of a worse play call? I mean a deliberate play call, not somebody spiking the ball to stop the clock on 4th down or something accidental like that.
    Keep in mind, they tried this once and the Giants called a timeout to get a look at the formation.

Here's another gem:

“It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    That decision was almost as bad as BYU's decision to go independent.
    I was just saw that play. My first thought was that somehow Crowton was back in charge.

Last night was my 2nd BYU game of the season. Looks like BYU finishes 8-4 with one win over a bowl eligible team (Toledo).

I think they would have done better with Mangum instead of Hill.
    i go back and forth on that. Their offensive line and receivers are so bad that Mangum would have been a sitting duck. Hill's running ability kept them in several games, including ours.

Last night was my 2nd BYU game of the season. Looks like BYU finishes 8-4 with one win over a bowl eligible team (Toledo).

I don't buy that. Mangum just wasn't that good last year. His stats were padded massively by a bunch of jump balls to his tall receivers against bad teams. He sucked against P5 teams. And I've spoken with someone I trust on the BYU side of things who swears that Hill greatly outperformed Mangum as a passer in camp.

The talking heads around here think differently. While there is some merit to the idea that Mangum is a better thrower than Hill, the problem is the o-line couldn't protect Mangum. Hill is at least able to use his feet to escape pressure and attempt to make a play.

Having only seen one game of BYU this year (vs Utah), I tend to agree.

Ask Siri who the worst team in college football is.

Utah-BYU football series extended through 2022.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=42001703&nid...n-through-2022
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Utah-BYU football series extended through 2022.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=42001703&nid...n-through-2022

So, this means its BYU until we play Baylor then?

12 wins in a row it is then!

We'll hit the Big 12 before BYU does!