Page 97 of 114 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,910 of 3412

Thread: I Wish I Knew How to Quit You - The BYU Sports Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
    Of course you do ... in your superiority, you are superior in every way. Especially, in how you live your "religion" with regards to your sports affiliation. Cause you're certainly not silly like those BYU fans. You live it better. The balance you strike is healthier ;-)
    Or rather your sports, especially when Utah beats BYU, validates, or is a “way of showing people how great [the Mormon religion (as you live it as a Utah fan)] is … ” and this thread is almost a sports crusade ...

Or rather your sports, especially when Utah beats BYU, validates, or is a “way of showing people how great [the Mormon religion (as you live it as a Utah fan)] is … ” and this thread is almost a sports crusade ...
    This is the weirdest argument I've ever seen come from you. I tend to think you are either drinking or off your meds. I don't even think you can look at your posts and sum up what you are talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    This is the weirdest argument I've ever seen come from you. I tend to think you are either drinking or off your meds. I don't even think you can look at your posts and sum up what you are talking about.

No Weirder than this thread, and not that hard to sum up. But oh well. I am terribly disappointed in you though. You missed a golden opportunity to throw out, what should be, your signature line: "tooblue, you're off your rocker."
    Last edited by tooblue; 02-04-2017 at 07:36 PM.

No Weirder than this thread, and not that hard to sum up. But oh well. I am terribly disappointed in you though. You missed a golden opportunity to throw out, what should be, your signature line: "tooblue, you're off your rocker."
    Things just got uncomfortable.

Banned
    what should be, your signature line: "tooblue, you're off your rocker."
    I guess it's better than being on your rocker... suspect you might like that... a lot. Stop flirting you two.

Isn't this how most LDS sexual encounters end?

Everyone just feeling slightly uncomfortable?

Tooblue's argument reminds me of being in 2nd grade. When someone called you a "poo-poo head" at age 7 your witty comeback skills weren't developed quite yet. About the best you could do when someone called you that was to respond "I know you are, but what am I"

Burn

Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    Isn't this how most LDS sexual encounters end?

Everyone just feeling slightly uncomfortable?
    I don't know man, your were AP.

I find it very curious that y'all (well, not Devildog, cause he's military) went there: to sexual innuendo. Nothing wrong with that, especially in this day and age of "enlightenment." And really, I shouldn't be surprised considering the weirdness of this thread, starting with it's opening title. But just for clarity sake:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...0your%20rocker
    Last edited by tooblue; 02-05-2017 at 07:02 AM.

I find it very curious that y'all (well, not Devildog, cause he's military) went there: to sexual innuendo. Nothing wrong with that, especially in this day and age of "enlightenment." And really, I shouldn't be surprised considering the weirdness of this thread, starting with it's opening title. But just for clarity sake:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...0your%20rocker
    I find curious your repeated efforts to bait people here.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    I find curious your repeated efforts to bait people here.

Respect breeds respect, contempt, contempt and absurdity, absurdity. There's nothing curious about that.
    Last edited by tooblue; 02-05-2017 at 12:33 PM.

I Wish I Knew How to Quit You - The BYU Sports Thread

Respect breeds respect, contempt, contempt and absurdity, absurdity. There's nothing curious about that.
    There's nothing in it that justifies what you are doing, either. You're just making excuses for yourself and you know it.
    Last edited by LA Ute; 02-05-2017 at 02:03 PM.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

There's nothing in it that justifies what you are doing, either. You're just making excuses for yourself and you know it.
    Please understand, I'm not excusing myself. I'm just contributing to the absurdity of the thread, which inherently justifies contempt for contempt and absurdity for absurdity.

Please understand, I'm not excusing myself. I'm just contributing to the absurdity of the thread....
    Right. By using your considerable gifts to bait people into a silly argument.
    Last edited by LA Ute; 02-06-2017 at 07:13 AM.

--Yeats

--Yeats

Of course it will. This shows that underneath all of the bluster from fans, everyone wants to Utah to play byu.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Of course it will. This shows that underneath all of the bluster from fans, everyone wants to Utah to play byu.
    We should start an imaginary game thread to talk about matchups. I think if Collette gets into foul trouble, Mika has a field day. Otherwise, I'm happy to let the LP gunners brick shots from 35 feet with 24 seconds left on the shot clock.

It's just funny. We can't get away from them even if we try.

--Yeats

I hope this happens. The only downside is that a couple of players might die in the inevitable brawl.

Quote Originally Posted by wally View Post
    I hope this happens. The only downside is that a couple of players might die in the inevitable brawl.
    Couple of their players, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by wally View Post
    Don't start nothing, won't be nothing, wally

Don't start nothing, won't be nothing, wally
    You have to admit, it would be really hard to be on the floor with Emery and resist the urge to punch him in the face.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    You have to admit, it would be really hard to be on the floor with Emery and resist the urge to punch him in the face.
    True. I bet it's really hard for his coaches and teammates. They have shown an admirable level of restraint.

So true..

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    So true..

Lol.

--Yeats

So true..

To be fair, later in the interview Emery did say it was an embarrassing effort by BYU, they are young team trying to figure things out, and need to get better on offense and defense (duh). So he is not going full zoob.

They should make college athletes in major sports take a college course in PR or public speaking.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Dahlelama is a solid follow on Twitter if you haven't already. He has great stuff.

Dahlelama is a solid follow on Twitter if you haven't already. He has great stuff.

Can we get him to post here?
    Last edited by LA Ute; 02-14-2017 at 07:57 PM.

--Yeats

A couple highlights from the BYU game showing up on Twitter and good for a laugh.

Also a great CB post. Sounds like the black guys aren't paying off like they should. Time to give up on that venture.

Last edited by Dwight Schr-Ute; 02-19-2017 at 01:30 AM.

This stuff writes itself.