Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Holiday Destinations 2015 - 2016 Bowl Games

Quote Originally Posted by Redbird View Post
    Kudos to Houston. I didn't give them much of a chance, and they looked comfortable against a good FSU team.
    When G5 teams beat a big name P5 school in a NY6 bowl, they often get a promotion. We've been there.

Houston to the Big-12, is my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Tell that to boise.

Not enough TV sets in the Boise market.
    "Ninety feet between home plate and first base may be the closest man has ever come to perfection." - Red Smith

Stanford looks fantastic today. It is almost a travesty they didn't play yesterday. I have to think they would have given Clemson or Alabama a better game.

I've not seen much of the 2nd half. Did Stanford take the foot off the throttle?
    "Ninety feet between home plate and first base may be the closest man has ever come to perfection." - Red Smith

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    Stanford looks fantastic today. It is almost a travesty they didn't play yesterday. I have to think they would have given Clemson or Alabama a better game.
    Two losses when the top 4 featured three one-loss teams and an undefeated team lessens any travesty. Losing at northwestern is the bigger travesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbird View Post
    Two losses when the top 4 featured three one-loss teams and an undefeated team lessens any travesty. Losing at northwestern is the bigger travesty.
    I don't disagree, but Michigan State really backed into 3 of their wins and were very obviously overmatched vs Alabama.

They need to expand the playoff to 6 or 8 teams...

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    I don't disagree, but Michigan State really backed into 3 of their wins and were very obviously overmatched vs Alabama.

They need to expand the playoff to 6 or 8 teams...
    Stanford needed very late plays to escape Wazzou and ND. And you can't use CFP results to argue whether or not a team belonged. Sparty beat the same Iowa team that Stanford crushed, and Bama could've been just as successful against the Cardinal.

I admit I am going strictly by the eye test, but to my eye Stanford is playing some of the best football in the nation over the last 5-7 weeks. Oh well.

In the Bama-Clemson game I think we will see a completely different Bama team. IIRC Clemson has a fantastic Pass defense, significantly better than MSU. But they will probably go into Power mode and Derrick Henry them to death.

Bama has an NFL-quality Front 7, the question will br whether they can contain Deshaun Watson.

wtf was up with that Oregon play calling at the end of regulation? Nine seconds left, 20 yards shy of FG range, and they throw a slant? I'd be out of my mind if I were a Duck fan.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

The thing that always strikes me about Patterson is he's so fat. I don't get it. I assume he was once an athlete; he must be disciplined in areas of his life. And these coaches have as a job perk unlimited access to world class trainers and workout facilities.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

--Philo

Wow. What a comeback.

What is Oregon going to do for a qb next year? Lockie doesn't cut the mustard.

--Albert Einstein

--Richard Dawkins

--Philo

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    They have another big time transfer. They'll be fine.
    Oregon's 2015 lesson to Ute fans is that it takes a quarterback. All of that offensive coaching innovation and genius and all of Phil Knight's donations can't change that hard fact. And as we've discussed, Mariota was not heavily recruited. We're due for some quarterback recruiting luck.

--Albert Einstein

--Richard Dawkins

--Philo

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    wtf was up with that Oregon play calling at the end of regulation? Nine seconds left, 20 yards shy of FG range, and they throw a slant? I'd be out of my mind if I were a Duck fan.
    Not nearly as bad as their two incomplete passes on the three and out possession before that. Giving TCU plenty of time to work with to tie it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Not nearly as bad as their two incomplete passes on the three and out possession before that. Giving TCU plenty of time to work with to tie it up.

That final nine seconds really is unforgiveable now that I see in OT that Oregon's kicker was perfectly able to split the uprights from 50 yards under tremendous pressure.

--Albert Einstein

--Richard Dawkins

--Philo

Todd Graham kicks the extra point to go up by six with five minutes to go. Loses by one. Hell of a coach.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Oregon's 2015 lesson to Ute fans is that it takes a quarterback. All of that offensive coaching innovation and genius and all of Phil Knight's donations can't change that hard fact. And as we've discussed, Mariota was not heavily recruited. We're due for some quarterback recruiting luck.
    Random fact: Mariota's HS coach was Darnell Arceneaux.

That explains how Utah was on him early.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    That explains how Utah was on him early.
    Maybe not. Arceneaux only coached him his senior year I believe