Thread: Chile roasting at Harmon's

Hybrid View

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/17/di...rex2.html?_r=0

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/17/di...rex2.html?_r=0

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Muchas gracias. I am planning on hacking this pie thing up, along with some chile verde. I'm deep frying a turkey for Thanksgiving, and we're gonna use the verde for gravy, and then we are going to battle the Gaucho's Revenge all weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Senioritis View Post
    Muchas gracias. I am planning on hacking this pie thing up, along with some chile verde. I'm deep frying a turkey for Thanksgiving, and we're gonna use the verde for gravy, and then we are going to battle the Gaucho's Revenge all weekend!
    I will be sure your local fire department has extra staffing

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    I will be sure your local fire department has extra staffing
    I don't expect the Gaucho's Revenge to require any fire department assistance, but you never know!

Actually, I purchased one of them Butterball turkey fryer dealios a couple of years ago. I only did so after painstaking research, which consisted of watching the infomercial in its entirety at least six times. But I didn't purchase from the infomercial. No way. I ain't no sucker. I bought mine on a whim at the Costco.

I've deep fried more than a few turkeys over the last couple of years. Deep fried turkey is ridiculous. I love it. And I love cholesterol. And high blood pressure medication.

Senioritis how did you like the apple-green chile pie?
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    Senioritis how did you like the apple-green chile pie?
    There is no way the pie should have been as good as it was. We've taken to calling it the Dirty Apple. We've made it twice more. It's so strange, but irresistibly delicious, like Rich Rodriguez.

I've also slapped down this verde recipe a couple of times: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/p...ipe/index.html

Whoooo boy!!

I am a Hatch chile addict. It's not healthy. Every single thing I cook with them ends up being glorious, and I can't stop. I'll put them in anything, like Ocean Spray does with cranberries.

Doing another batch of chile verde on Saturday. My woman is making the green chile Apple pie for dinner on Sunday. I am starting a collection of shiny blue rocks. I expect a trans am is next, and then an increase in back hair and a meth addiction.

I love love you New Mexico!