Thread: Chile roasting at Harmon's

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    One of the greatest things about mid to late-August is the yearly arrival of chile roasting at Harmon's grocery stores.

The past year of having a good supply of Hatch New Mexico green chile has been great. Green Chile Apple Pie with Cheddar Crust and Walnut Streusel, green chile enchiladas, huevos rancheros, and green chile stew have been great this year. The enchiladas and pie being the best of the bunch. I was a little too judicious and had some left, but that just means that I can make more over the next year.

I highly recommend picking up a bushel. I'll be getting mine today.

http://www.harmonsgrocery.com/blog/2...iles-are-back/

Harmons is quite the grocery store chain. It's the little things about how they present their products, their specialties, even their bathrooms. They have some quality people working for them. I'm not joking. They cook those chilis up downtown and have lunch specials. The burrito they make is killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Two Utes View Post
    Harmons is quite the grocery store chain. It's the little things about how they present their products, their specialties, even their bathrooms. They have some quality people working for them. I'm not joking. They cook those chilis up downtown and have lunch specials. The burrito they make is killer.
    Harmons is fantastic.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

Quote Originally Posted by Two Utes View Post
    I just wish I could get everything I want there. There's been several items I initially bought there only to have them suddenly vanish. At least twice employees have told my wife or I that a product has been discontinued and that's why we can't get it. We're still buying those products from other stores in town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk