Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728 LastLast

Thread: The Competition: PAC-12 Hoops 2016-17

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    I think he has a lot more to prove at Utah before he becomes a hot commodity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh, I don't know. Jim Boylen got attention from Arizona whilst at Utah before the bottom fell out. It only takes one! I actually thought he might get a look from Wisconsin last year.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Oh, I don't know. Jim Boylen got attention from Arizona whilst at Utah before the bottom fell out. It only takes one! I actually thought he might get a look from Wisconsin last year.
    I wish Arizona would've taken Boylen. He might've set their program back 5 years or so.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Brooks does it again. Gotta be POY right?

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Brooks does it again. Gotta be POY right?
    He's also 100% on horrible flops.

The more I look at this, the more I wonder how the league gets more than four teams in the dance, barring someone coming out of nowhere to win the conference tourney (come on Larry, I know you can do it!).

Arizona, Oregon, UCLA are all locks and likely to be in the top 16 seeds.

USC has a pretty shaky resume at this point, but should go 3-1 down the stretch, though none of those wins will help them (unless they somehow beat Arizona).

Cal's resume is not great, and with a loss to fellow bubble team Seaton Hall, I think the Bears are gonna have to win out, which means road wins in SLC and Boulder, or do some serious damage in the Pac 12 Tourney.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    He's also 100% on horrible flops.
    Brooks has many elite skills. The Dillon Brooks elite skill power ranking:

1. Flopping
    2. Preening
    3. Clutch jumpers
    4. Leadership
    5. Chest tattoo selection

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Brooks has many elite skills. The Dillon Brooks elite skill power ranking:

1. Flopping
    2. Preening
    3. Clutch jumpers
    4. Leadership
    5. Chest tattoo selection
    So you're saying he's like a drunk peakcock?

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    So you're saying he's like a drunk peakcock?
    Exactly.

via GIPHY

Last edited by sancho; 02-23-2017 at 09:20 AM.

Wow...ASU came back to beat U$C. U$C was up 6 (82-76) with just 46 seconds left.

Quote Originally Posted by justaute View Post
    Wow...ASU came back to beat U$C. U$C was up 6 (82-76) with just 46 seconds left.
    That's a collapse we as Ute fans can really appreciate.

Rumors are that Missouri will go after Cuonzo Martin as a head coach. I wouldn't mind seeing a good recruiter leave the Pac.

In "water is wet" news, Fulks has declared for the NBA draft.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    In "water is wet" news, Fulks has declared for the NBA draft.
    I wonder if Fulks pulled a "McCaffrey" & stopped playing when he knew his team sucked & he would be 1st or 2nd pick in the draft.?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Standing ute View Post
    I wonder if Fulks pulled a "McCaffrey" & stopped playing when he knew his team sucked & he would be 1st or 2nd pick in the draft.?
    When he was "injured" during the last several weeks of the season, it was widely reported that he probably would not play again, to make sure he did not get injured before the draft. Romar even admitted as much.

You mean Markelle Fultz. You made me panic for a second.

I thought you meant Kyle Fulks. I still hope he will have a breakout season as a SR next year. He had the wheels to be a good WR.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post

I thought you meant Kyle Fulks. I still hope he will have a breakout season as a SR next year. He had the wheels to be a good WR.
    In connection to my post in the Spring Football thread, Tom Hackett takes a couple of shots at Kyle AND his dad in the recent 4th and Long podcast.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post

You got there eventually.

Well that was a bad gambling beat. Oregon -8.5 winning by 7 2.5 seconds left. Dillon Brookings fouled. Makes the first and the whole stadium erupted. Then he misses the second to a collective groan

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    In connection to my post in the Spring Football thread, Tom Hackett takes a couple of shots at Kyle AND his dad in the recent 4th and Long podcast.

What did Hackett say?

Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    What did Hackett say?
    I had to look it back up, but they start at the 31 minute mark. https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=1000382321775

The first comment is, "Apparently his dad didn't say enough about him going into last season, so he's only on the two deep." And then making fun of Keith for saying that Kyle would be the greatest thing to ever come out of Utah. Tom even repeats your "bricks for hands" diagnosis.

Dillon Brooks came close to being tossed from the championship game. I like the guy's talent and fire but he acted like a punk on that play.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Dillon Brooks came close to being tossed from the championship game. I like the guy's talent and fire but he acted like a punk on that play.

Agreed.

FWIW...sure is nice to play with so much talent, Arizona.

Hard to know for whom to cheer here. I don't like either Arizona or Oregon. The edge goes to Oregon because I like their coach, despite Brooks' punkishness.

--Yeats

I want to know whey Oregon's #3 (Pritchard?) does not get called for carry when he dribbles. The way he turns hand/wrist is way too exaggerated.

Quote Originally Posted by justaute View Post
    Sean Miller sure seems like a pretty good guy. Seems always very respectful to his opponents, win, lose, or blow-out.
    I was back looking for another post, and saw this one. It reminded me of Sean's pettiness calling the time out with 1 second left. It seemed out of character for him, and my respect for him took a hit. What a childish way to react to a perceived slight. Be the bigger man, Sean.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    I had to look it back up, but they start at the 31 minute mark. https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=1000382321775

The first comment is, "Apparently his dad didn't say enough about him going into last season, so he's only on the two deep." And then making fun of Keith for saying that Kyle would be the greatest thing to ever come out of Utah. Tom even repeats your "bricks for hands" diagnosis.

I've spoken to his dad a few times. He's just a dad who cares, that's all. IF Fulks could ever learn to catch the ball, he'd be special. IF...

Anyways, in the first spring ball, we ran a ton of fly sweeps, so maybe that's how we take advantage of Fulks.

Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    I've spoken to his dad a few times. He's just a dad who cares, that's all. IF Fulks could ever learn to catch the ball, he'd be special. IF...

Anyways, in the first spring ball, we ran a ton of fly sweeps, so maybe that's how we take advantage of Fulks.
    Lol. That's probably true. Having gone to dinner with some parents and their 20yo son who said he was thinking he might want to play tennis professionally (despite not even making his high school team) and his parents saying, "I really think you can do it!" What Fulks dad said doesn't even register on the scale of parental denial.

Huskies hire Syracuse assistant Mike Hopkins.

There is a rumor about Indiana offering $31 million, 7-year contract to Alford. Though, the rumor has already been refuted.
    Last edited by justaute; 03-19-2017 at 06:42 PM.