Thread: 2018 Basketball Recruiting Thread

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    Interestingly, based on our current roster and current commits, we are actually already over-committed for the 2019-2020 season (we're currently at 13 scholarships for each of the next two seasons, but for 2019-2020 we only have 2 guys leaving, but have 3 coming in, Jones, Brenchley, and Carlson).
    Speaking of which, I assume we'll be all over Matt Van Komen for that already over-committed class. Does anyone know if he's going to be a mission kid?

Speaking of which, I assume we'll be all over Matt Van Komen for that already over-committed class. Does anyone know if he's going to be a mission kid?
    i saw a thread on cougarboard discussing their recruiting. somebody posted that Van Komen is ours if we want him, and he is not a mission kid. kwiw.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    i saw a thread on cougarboard discussing their recruiting. somebody posted that Van Komen is ours if we want him, and he is not a mission kid. kwiw.
    Given the changes in hoops, do we even want big dudes who play on the block anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Two Utes View Post
    Given the changes in hoops, do we even want big dudes who play on the block anymore?
    I think so, when he's at least 7'4" and pretty athletic. He'll probably be at least a top 100, and possibly top 50, recruit by all the major services. I really hope we can lock up him and Nico Mannion in the next couple of years.

I think so, when he's at least 7'4" and pretty athletic. He'll probably be at least a top 100, and possibly top 50, recruit by all the major services. I really hope we can lock up him and Nico Mannion in the next couple of years.

Currently 84 by 247. It will be interesting to see what we do in regards to him. No matter what changes happen in the game of basketball, a rim protector is always going to be useful to have.