Thread: The Kyle Kuzma Thread

Hybrid View

Good for Kuz. I admit I did not believe he was an NBA player. The NBA underclass advisory committee gave him a late second to undrafted eval. but Kuz believed in himself, worked hard and it all paid off for him.

Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    Good for Kuz. I admit I did not believe he was an NBA player. The NBA underclass advisory committee gave him a late second to undrafted eval. but Kuz believed in himself, worked hard and it all paid off for him.
    Boy me either. I never thought he would be able to hit an NBA 3 consistently, or play the stretch 4.

Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    To be fair (to you) this is NBA Summer League ball, not the NBA. With the serious step up in talent coming, he'll struggle, and he definitely won't be knocking down the 3s at the clip he has in Vegas. I think he biggest risk is being exposed athletically on D in isolation against some of the freaks in the NBA - imagine him trying to deal with the Greek Freak - but I think Kuz will adjust his game and be able to contribute.

Any time your playing for Magic Johnson, and he's singing your praises... life is good. Soak it all up, Kuz.

I'd be surprised if he weighs more than 210, right now. He's been running his ass off in Vegas, with Ball playing the role of Tom Brady. It's been a fun little dynamic, torching Summer League defenses that haven't been expecting it.

Kyle's going to on the very edge of what his body can do, in terms of strength, explosion, endurance. I still see him as more of a Chandler Parsons kind of athlete, and if he can keep his 3 game in the mid to upper 30s in percentage, he'll be fine. Probably never an All-Star, but he's hit the lottery, from where he was as a Freshman.

Also, nice to see Magic Johnson looking pretty good, even a little chunky. There was a time in the early 90s when I thought he was a goner. Great that HIV isn't an automatic death sentence, anymore.

I guess this could go in the Delon Wright thread as well. kuzma, delon, Brandon Taylor, Chris Reyes, etc all at Highland High for Delons bball camp. Fun to see these guys hang out with the local kids.
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Quote Originally Posted by hostile View Post
    I guess this could go in the Delon Wright thread as well. kuzma, delon, Brandon Taylor, Chris Reyes, etc all at Highland High for Delons bball camp. Fun to see these guys hang out with the local kids.
    This needs more exposure. That's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    This needs more exposure. That's awesome.
    2 more days of camp - Friday/Saturday. I'm not sure who will be there those days. The camp was originally at Rast HE but had to be moved due to recent flooding.
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

The Real Big Baller’s Brand: Kuzmania

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/1...sation-feature

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell