Thread: "The Last Movie You Saw" thread

Hybrid View

"The Last Movie You Saw" thread

Just saw "The Way, Way Back." Best movie I've seen in a long time. Great story, affecting characters, terrific acting. Written by the same guys who shared an Oscar with Alexander Payne for the screen adaptation of "The Descendants."

Go see it when it gets to your town.
    Last edited by LA Ute; 07-05-2013 at 10:09 PM.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

The movie I am most excited to see ...

I just hope Besson does the graphic novels justice. He's French and the books are very, very French so there is hope:

Valerian’s Biggest PR Problem: It Did Everything First:

https://www.wired.com/2017/03/valeri...rything-first/

Patriot's Day. Enjoyed it a lot, but, Hell or Highwater is still the best movie I've seen in the past 12 months.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

I am almost 20 years late to the party on this one. I have been on a world war 2 kick of late and I watched 'Saving Private Ryan'. That was four days ago and i am still thinking about it. I give it all the stars.

I also watched the saints and soldiers trilogy. They have their flaws, mainly due to being low budget, but each one has a really good message.

Watched Sicario for the second time. Really, Sicario, and Hell or Highwater have been the best movies I've seen in the last year or two. Strong recommendation on both -- but note they're both rated R with strong violence.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

Quote Originally Posted by mUUser View Post
    Watched Sicario for the second time. Really, Sicario, and Hell or Highwater have been the best movies I've seen in the last year or two. Strong recommendation on both -- but note they're both rated R with strong violence.
    Agreed. Both are great shows.

Guardians of the Galaxy has been on TV lately. Watched it for --- probably the double-digith time. Gotta say its a classic. At least 50 good lines. I think this one is gonna stand the test of time. I'm not a stand in line on opening night guy.....but I may make GofG2 tomorrow an exception.

my wife and I go to the movies nearly every Tuesday night, its our date night. Last night we saw "Mother". Neither of us knowing what it was about or hearing much about it.

Ummmm, I enjoyed the first 2/3 of it, it was mysterious and intriguing. The last 1/3 was bizarre, confusing and awful. I'm sure this move is an artisitc metaphor for something, but I don't want to know what that is.