Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
Except that’s not where it started. It started when Trump pivoted from a reporters question about why he hadn’t made a single statement about these four soldiers that had been killed under rather unusual circumstances. He then went out of his way to tell the country how much he cares and that no previous president cares about dead soldiers as well as he does. Then in a panic, he does a crash course and calls all four families within twenty four hours. One of those families while she was on her way to meet her husband’s casket.

Trump has a difficult time relating to people under ideal conditions. Just see how he handled his trip to Puerto Rico. These weren’t ideal conditions and I have little doubt that he lacked preparation. He probably struggled with everyone’s names since they weren’t ideally traditional names and just his naturally dismissive tone. To a young, black, grieving and pregnancy related emotional widow, I’m sure it was too much to handle. I only mention her race because given Trump’s history with people of color, I think it’s definitely relevant. I think General Kelly had a grasp on all of this, which is why he recommended that Trump not make the calls.

Now, one of this fallen soldier’s mentors (who just so happened to be a congresswoman), was with the grieving family, was part of the grieving family when this call was made. Again, on their way to the airport to meet the casket. The call ended, the widow was hurt and they were all dealing with it together. As I understand it, the media was at the airport waiting for the family and the casket. This is why we have the heartbreaking video of this poor woman sobbing at the casket. Congresswomen Wilson was upset and had asked to speak to the president concerning the conversation that was just had. She was denied that opportunity and then when she got out of the car, there were reporters with microphones asking questions. Exasperated by everything, I think she felt a need to speak for Mrs. Johnson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We can agree to disagree. I think what she did was wrong. It was politically motivated, and arose from a condolence call from the president to a grieving military widow. The absolute wrong way to make political points, and that’s what she was doing. That’s what got John Kelly going.