I'm sure glad we have true patriots who are willing to stand up to bad stuff happening in our nation, like this Clinton backed child-sex ring:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...idents/509567/

(This bit of fake news made legitimate by incoming National Security Advisor Mike Flynn's son, who says "until it's proven wrong, it's true".)

A serious question is how do we as a nation deal with the problem of fake news? Our president-to-be seems to thrive on it: "Hillary Clinton started the Birther Movement, and today, I'm ending it".

I used to work with this crazy old Russian guy who was really struggling to adapt to life in America. His daughter eloped with her boyfriend, disappeared for a week, then called home to tell them she was safe, and in Baltimore. My co-worker drove down to the SLC airport, hopped on a flight to Baltimore that day, and took a taxi to where his daughter said she was staying, and THEN he was relieved that she was OK.

I thought this was really, acutely weird. He said it was because of "Russian materialism", which he explained as you can't believe anything unless it is there in front of you, and you can see it with your eyes.

Very oddly... 25 years later, I'm starting to understand where he was coming from, and I think some significant part of our population is already there. The fringes are growing bigger.

If Trump imitates Putin, expect to see a lot more outright lies, which are later waved off as sincere belief.

Rush Limbaugh was explaining part of this last week, when he said he marvels at how Trump connects with the big crowds that, to this day keep chanting "Lock her up! Lock her up!"

Limbaugh: "The media reports on what Trump says, but they completely misunderstand how people don't really care about the details - they are ONE with Trump, this is a bonding that liberals and the media will never understand".

Like George Costanza used to say: "It's not a lie, if you believe it".

Or... "I could go out onto to 5th Avenue and shoot somebody, and not lose a single voter!"