Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
Great idea for a thread. I ride motorcycles, an FZ-1 and V-Star 1100. I do sport touring on the FZ-1 with my dad and brothers, and cruiser touring with a group of my wife's friends that are mostly on Harleys.

Day trips in Utah are awesome. Some of my favorites include:

Any sort of loop including 2 ot of the 3 of Bear Lake/Logan Canyon, Monte Cristo, and Mirror Lake highway. (Evantson is usually involved, which can be good or bad depending on your point of view.)

Loop from Kamas up Wolf Creek Pass to Duchesne, then back to Heber City along Hwy 40 (or vise versa)

Energy Loop from Huntington to Fairview, with options of going around Scofield.

The Alpine Loop and Mt Nebo loop are nice, but overdone.

Probably the most epic in Utah is Hwy 12 between Escalante and Torrey, with a side trip up the Burr Trail. It's more than a day trip from SLC, but we have done it as a day trip out of St George.

If you are down in the south part of the state, loops on highways between I-15 and Hwy 89 are fun. They can incorporate Hwy 9 through Zion, Hwy 14 from Cedar City (my favorite), Hwy 143 from Parawon to Brian Head to Panguitch.

When I get more time, I'll post some of our favorite roads outside of Utah, and see if I can incorporate some pictures.
Chris, nice list. The Burr Trail is on my to-do list this year.