Thread: 2014-15 NCAA Basketball

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    I couldn't believe that. They were 0-fer and then hit something like 5 straight 3's, and the last few were definitely challenging shots.
    It was the UVa gameplan - double down on Okafor and hope Duke doesn't beat you with 3s. Worked very well for 36 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    It was the UVa gameplan - double down on Okafor and hope Duke doesn't beat you with 3s. Worked very well for 36 minutes.
    I guess, as always, when it comes to Duke: you get to choose your poison.

UVA loses Anderson for 4-6 weeks with a broken finger. That's a big loss because he's a first team all-american right now. I watched UVA last night and they are a team you want to avoid in the tournament. They are like Utah with some toughness - great D, timely shooting, strong leadership. I think they'd beat us soundly because they would out-Utah us. The loss of Anderson could cost them a #1 seed, which is bad news for whatever #1 seed gets them in their bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    UVA loses Anderson for 4-6 weeks with a broken finger. That's a big loss because he's a first team all-american right now. I watched UVA last night and they are a team you want to avoid in the tournament. They are like Utah with some toughness - great D, timely shooting, strong leadership. I think they'd beat us soundly because they would out-Utah us. The loss of Anderson could cost them a #1 seed, which is bad news for whatever #1 seed gets them in their bracket.
    1-seed power ranking:

1) Kentucky. Nobody wants to play this team.
    2) UVa. Nobody will be excited about playing this team either.
    3) Duke. Teams will know they have a chance, based on Duke's recent early exits, reliance on freshmen, and loss to NCState.
    4) Gonzaga. Who wouldn't mind being the Zags first tough opponent in 2 months?

1-seed power ranking:

3) Duke. Teams will know they have a chance, based on Duke's recent early exits, reliance on freshmen, and loss to NCState.
    I think there’s a clear top 4 in college hoops this year… Kentucky, Virginia, Duke and Wisconsin. Those are the four teams I’d want to avoid until the regional finals. Unless the Zags lose before Selection Sunday, they’ll get the 1 seed out west. If that’s the case, I’d rather be the 4 seed out west and meet Gonzaga in the sweet sixteen than say the 3 seed in the south and play Wisky in the sweet sixteen (as is currently projected by Lunardi).

Quote Originally Posted by 311ute View Post
    I think there’s a clear top 4 in college hoops this year… Kentucky, Virginia, Duke and Wisconsin. Those are the four teams I’d want to avoid until the regional finals. Unless the Zags lose before Selection Sunday, they’ll get the 1 seed out west. If that’s the case, I’d rather be the 4 seed out west and meet Gonzaga in the sweet sixteen than say the 3 seed in the south and play Wisky in the sweet sixteen (as is currently projected by Lunardi).
    I wouldn't mind seeing Wisconsin. I haven't watched them play at all this year, but we have the size to throw with Kaminski (or whatever his name is). I think Gonzaga is actually pretty good. I think I'd take my chance with Wisconsin or UVA (IF Anderson is still out) over the Zags.

I wouldn't mind seeing Wisconsin. I haven't watched them play at all this year, but we have the size to throw with Kaminski (or whatever his name is). I think Gonzaga is actually pretty good. I think I'd take my chance with Wisconsin or UVA (IF Anderson is still out) over the Zags.
    Well, they're all good. Wiscy has been killing teams in the Big10. Gonzaga has those big guys who can really play. I'm afraid our 5 minute scoring draught would turn into a 15 minute drought against UVa. The only certainty is that Kentucky is the best.

Kaminski is unstoppable this year. Imagine Poeltl with Bachynski's strength. That would be a very difficult game. FWIW their style of play reminds me of Utah.

I hope Poeltl sticks around until his SR year to put on 3 more years of muscle and to work on his footwork. At that point he will then be better than Kaminski is today.

1-seed power ranking:

by "2 months" do you mean "3 1/2 months?"