Thread: I've got 99 cap problems, but the Mullet ain't 1: 2016-17 NHL Thread

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    The President's trophy race has suddenly got very interesting.

Caps: 100 points - 11 games remaining
    Blue Jackets: 98 points - 12 games remaining
    Pens: 97 points - 12 games remaining
    Blackhawks: 97 points - 11 games remaining.

It's looking like the power of the league has shifted back to the East.

The Central is no longer the best division. Preds and Blues have really taken steps back. Blackhawks are still elite though.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Going into this year, I felt that it wouldn't be the worse thing in the world for the Caps to not win their 2nd straight President Trophy. You know, save it for the playoffs and all that. But considering, four of the top six teams in the league are in the Metro division and with the incredibly idiotic playoff system, the Caps need to finish first in order to avoid having to face the Blue Jackets and the Penguins to even make the conference finals. Unbelievable to believe that one of these three teams would have to beat 2 of the 3 best teams in the entire league just to get out of the division. Then have every Tom, Dick and Gord tell you you're season sucked because you couldn't get out of the second round. Two incredibly great teams will have that happen to them.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyUte View Post
    Going into this year, I felt that it wouldn't be the worse thing in the world for the Caps to not win their 2nd straight President Trophy. You know, save it for the playoffs and all that. But considering, four of the top six teams in the league are in the Metro division and with the incredibly idiotic playoff system, the Caps need to finish first in order to avoid having to face the Blue Jackets and the Penguins to even make the conference finals. Unbelievable to believe that one of these three teams would have to beat 2 of the 3 best teams in the entire league just to get out of the division. Then have every Tom, Dick and Gord tell you you're season sucked because you couldn't get out of the second round. Two incredibly great teams will have that happen to them.
    I had the same complaint about the Central for years. This year not so much.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com