Thread: Off with their headsets! - Coaching hirings and firings

Hybrid View

Helfrich has a $11M buyout this year. He isn't going anywhere unless a lot of wealthy people pony up.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    Helfrich has a $11M buyout this year. He isn't going anywhere unless a lot of wealthy people pony up.
    So in other words it probably comes down to whether Phil Knight wants him back.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Tough spot for Oregon. If they fire Helfrich, aren't they really firing the whole Win The Day system that Belotti and Kelley started? They would have to hire an Oregon outsider.

How is Scott Frost doing in Florida?

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Tough spot for Oregon. If they fire Helfrich, aren't they really firing the whole Win The Day system that Belotti and Kelley started? They would have to hire an Oregon outsider.
    What makes you think that they won't end up with Chip Kelly again? I really think he ends up back at Oregon either this year or they hold off one more year. Uncle Phil will make that happen. At least for the sake of our good friend HFN, I hope he makes it happen.
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

Sark to Atlanta Falcons as OC. Strong rumors of Chip Kelley to Bama as OC.

The rich get significantly richer.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

Why would Kelly go be an OC? I'd think he'd have any job he wants next November.