Quote Originally Posted by Ma'ake View Post
And there's a very predictable backlash to all this: male managers, wary of getting entangled in real/perceived/accused sexual harassment issues (for themselves and subordinates), look for ways to avoid these issues altogether, at hiring time. More of an issue in male dominated fields like IT, granted. (I'm a long way from being that wary, personally, but suffice it to say things don't happen in a vacuum.)
If you ever get to the point of being "wary" of hiring or working with a female, promise you'll do everyone a favor and leave the workforce. Become a stay at home dad or trophy husband or something. Sheesh

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
........While we are worried about the slippery slope the story is that these are powerful people who used their power to conceal their misdeeds and intimidate their victims.

I work with primarily women, I always try to be respectful to them and I am a married man. Much of that is because I think women should be able to work and not be the object of advances and to feel safe and comfortable while doing their job and it is also because I try to be faithful to my wife in all ways. I want no ambiguity around that fact.

I don’t have a ton of sympathy for these guys and it is pretty sad if managers are going to not hire women as Ma’ake said might happen just because they can’t be professional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Precisely. It isn't that difficult fellas. Watch your language (both body and verbal), and keep your hands to yourself. And perhaps most importantly, do what Rocker suggests -- conduct yourself in a manner such that you'll have an unimpeachable reputation of being a complete professional at all times. Then, if an unfortunate misguided claim comes up, its unlikely to go anywhere.