Thread: I Wish I Knew How to Quit You - The BYU Sports Thread

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    "Ëverybody loses in Emery Scandal?" as a Utah fan, I'm trying to figure out how I lose?
    Well, we do play BYU this season, right? We lose in the sense that BYU is a better team without Emery. In general, I want BYU to continue to be bad at sports, and dropping Emery is a step in the wrong direction for that.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Well, we do play BYU this season, right? We lose in the sense that BYU is a better team without Emery. In general, I want BYU to continue to be bad at sports, and dropping Emery is a step in the wrong direction for that.

I actually enjoyed watching BYU play last year. I didn't see a ton of their games but watched more of them than I have in a long time. The way they played last year was humorous. They had a number of kids who refused to play defense and would jack up crazy shots. Many of the Cougs suffer from extreme inflated images of themselves as basketball players mostly due to their achievements and privileges in high school. The Lone peak kids, in particular, received star treatment in high school and expected it in college. Combine that with (1) other players who want to play for BYU because they believe they can play like Jimmer; (2) players who look like 35 year old pudgy first counselors in the Lindon 4th ward; and (3) the general lack of any control or concern by the coaching staff, made for must watch TV. Beyond Gonzaga and St Mary's, the WCC was a really bad conference so they actually looked better than they were. They were bad. They were losing to Texas Arlington by 20 bad and giving up 110 points to 13-15 UVU bad ( I would argue that this loss might be the worst loss in 40 years of BYU basketball.)

I'm not going to enjoy BYU like I did last year without Emery and with Schroyer. They are going to be more disciplined. I likely won't watch many of their games.
    Last edited by Two Utes; 11-15-2017 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    There are plenty of other players who will pop 30' three pointers when running a 3-1 fast break. That is a staple of (whatever their coach's name is) -style of play.

No worries on that front.