Thread: I learned in Church today

Hybrid View

I had no idea this thread existed! LOVE IT!

On Sunday, I learned (again) that men are inferior to women and that men need to step up.

Our sunday school teacher had her husband leave her and the kids many years ago. I am truly sorry she had to go through that. But give me a break! Every time she teaches Sunday School it turns into "you men need to really be better at............" whatever the topic of the day is, it ALWAYS turns into something she can use to further her anti-men agenda. Look, Im married, I have a small child, I am not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but you know what? I try. Just like 95% of LDS men. She is the best at derailing her own lessons with her agenda. Often, its just "you men think you are so cool because you have the priesthood!? Well you ARENT! God gave you that Priesthood because women already have things figured out!" ALWAYS talks in blanket statements like that with no caveats that "yeah some women are lousy and some men figure it out" nothing.

Rant over, for now.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post

On Sunday, I learned (again) that men are inferior to women and that men need to step up.

Our sunday school teacher had her husband leave her and the kids many years ago. I am truly sorry she had to go through that. But give me a break! Every time she teaches Sunday School it turns into "you men need to really be better at............" whatever the topic of the day is, it ALWAYS turns into something she can use to further her anti-men agenda. Look, Im married, I have a small child, I am not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but you know what? I try. Just like 95% of LDS men. She is the best at derailing her own lessons with her agenda. Often, its just "you men think you are so cool because you have the priesthood!? Well you ARENT! God gave you that Priesthood because women already have things figured out!" ALWAYS talks in blanket statements like that with no caveats that "yeah some women are lousy and some men figure it out" nothing.

Rant over, for now.
    Yeah I'd be finding a new class... or my son would suddenly require some assistance in nursery every week.

Rant over, for now.
    What? You don't think the SS teacher should be confessing the sins of the class members?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Rant over, for now.
    You're not in Mission Viejo, are you? In a former ward, the gospel doctrine teacher was divorced, and I was always hearing how her ex-husband abandoned her, and what a jerk he was.

I'm a divorce lawyer, and after I moved from that ward, I started working for the firm representing her ex-husband, and I got an entirely different perspective of her. She was bitter and vindictive and trying to avoid having to work. Plus, most of the stories about how her husband abandoned her and wouldn't support his kids turned out to just be not true. Her case went up on a couple of appeals, and the appellate court didn't seem to be particularly sympathetic to her, either.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalCoug View Post
    You're not in Mission Viejo, are you? In a former ward, the gospel doctrine teacher was divorced, and I was always hearing how her ex-husband abandoned her, and what a jerk he was.

I'm a divorce lawyer, and after I moved from that ward, I started working for the firm representing her ex-husband, and I got an entirely different perspective of her. She was bitter and vindictive and trying to avoid having to work. Plus, most of the stories about how her husband abandoned her and wouldn't support his kids turned out to just be not true. Her case went up on a couple of appeals, and the appellate court didn't seem to be particularly sympathetic to her, either.
    nope, here in good old utah. and yes, im sure her husband has an entirely different side to the story.