Thread: I've got 99 cap problems, but the Mullet ain't 1: 2016-17 NHL Thread

Hybrid View

Funk, so sorry about your Hawks, man. I hope you are doing OK? That must have been tough to swallow. Being a Capitals fan is a very masochistic thing to be, but at least my team has never been swept like that in the first round.

I read this article this morning and wondered what you think... Do you think it is true the fill-in youngsters just weren't quite ready or good enough?

http://deadspin.com/yes-the-predator...-bl-1794524407

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyUte View Post
    Funk, so sorry about your Hawks, man. I hope you are doing OK? That must have been tough to swallow. Being a Capitals fan is a very masochistic thing to be, but at least my team has never been swept like that in the first round.

I read this article this morning and wondered what you think... Do you think it is true the fill-in youngsters just weren't quite ready or good enough?

http://deadspin.com/yes-the-predator...-bl-1794524407
    I don't blame the young players. Toews, Kane, Hossa, Panarin, didnt show up.

It sucked. Easily the worst playoff performance for the Hawks in the Kane/Toews era. I fear the dynasty is done.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    I don't blame the young players. Toews, Kane, Hossa, Panarin, didnt show up.

It sucked. Easily the worst playoff performance for the Hawks in the Kane/Toews era. I fear the dynasty is done.

Funk, I don't think it is necessarily done. If the kids improve year over year, you are right back at the top of the Central and West standings, looking good to move on. Toews didn't have his best year, as you know, but he sure did have a good second half of the season, I think. I wonder what we will see next year from him.

Down to 8:

Nashville/St Louis. Go Blues.
    Edmonton/Anaheim. Go Oilers.
    NY/Ottowa. Go Senators.
    Pittsburgh/Washington. Go Penguins (Sorry, DnF).

The smart pick here is the Pens. They know how to win and have the Stanley Cups to prove it. It would be nice to see Ovi break through against Crosby and Malkin, but I'm trying not to get the hopes too high here.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Down to 8:

Nashville/St Louis. Go Blues.
    Edmonton/Anaheim. Go Oilers.
    NY/Ottowa. Go Senators.
    Pittsburgh/Washington. Go Penguins (Sorry, DnF).
    Go Blues, but Nashville will win. Allen turns into a pumpkin

Edm/Ana, I don't like Randy Carlyle and I liked it when Edmonton couldn't win, that was fun wondering how it would end badly for them. Anaheim will win, but neutral on who I am cheering for.

I hate the Rangers almost as much as I hate the Dodgers, which is a whole hell of a lot. Go Sens, but the Rangers will win.

Pitt/Wash. I do hate the Pens more than I hate the Dodgers, which by itself is a giant fiery ball of hate, so imagine the size of my hate for the Pens. I hope the Caps can make it easy, but I know it won't be. No prediction. It will be a very close series. I can feel my heart attack coming on, already.

I'm not sure what to make of the hit on Crosby. It looks vicious in slow motion, but in real time didn't look too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    I'm not sure what to make of the hit on Crosby. It looks vicious in slow motion, but in real time didn't look too bad.
    I'm not conflicted on that hit. Before giving my opinion, I want the Pens to lose. Of the teams left, i hate them most.

The hit was dirty. It is that type of shit that is destroying the league. It was Raffi Torres style headhunting.

So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com