Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
I listened to a presentation yesterday by a human resources/benefits consultant and can confirm that based on what he taught us, this guy is absolutely right:

To sign up for Obamacare, start filling out the forms now and hire a good accountant

As presently structured, on a consumer and employer level this is going to be a nightmare. I am hoping that pushback from the public will get the government to simplify the process. I am doubtful that my hopes will be realized.
What seems to be missing from this thread is the discussion of the balance between a system that is less costly for those who can presently access it v. a system that is open to all that need it. Everything government costs money. The question is whether it is appropriate, and whether the cost meets the objective. I think everyone here feels that adequate health care is critical, and everyone should have access to it. As a number of you have pointed out, it is unclear whether it will cost much more than the legislation predicts. Given the incredible need, we should at least see whether or not it is cost prohibitive. The data from California is encouraging, if not complete. Medicare Part C was confusing as hell at first, and may still be so, but it is working, and I doubt there are many seniors who wish it was never created.