Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
Some interesting drama between BYU and USU may be brewing over East High Grad and recently returned missionary Joe Tukuafu. Sounds like Joe committed to USU before his mission and now has had a 'might change of heart' and wants to go to the Y, but Wells is standing in the way. He has insisted that he has not signed anything with USU after his mission. Something to keep an eye on. I kind of feel like Wells is taking a stand against missionary poaching.
I listened to a discussion about this on the radio this morning. His mother posted a long facebook post yesterday trying to shame wells into doing the right thing. Apparently he has already enrolled at the Y, but can't get a scholie because Wells wont release him. Kurt Kragthorpe was saying that USU is very concerned about becoming a farm system for the Y and, to a lesser extent, the U, because of the mission rule. BYU did not offer him out of high school, but have now decided they can use him. I can see Wells' point--the missionary thing makes this different; it is hard to invest in recruiting these kids, then they get a free change of heart after the mission.