Quote Originally Posted by Two Utes View Post
For every sports fan this has a special place. In the really old days of cable one of the few channels was WGN. Back then, Cubs only played during the day. If you were sick, sluffing school, or just laying around, the Cubs were always on. . It was always fascinating to see guys sitting on chairs on top of their buildings watching the afternoon game. Although the Cubs weren't my favorite team, Ryne Sandberg was one of my favorite players. And Harry Caray was so goofy that he was entertaining.

My first chance to go to Wrigley was in 2010. it was an afternoon game. Driving up to the Stadium for me was like driving through Sugar House and there, in the middle, was Wrigley. It's just a neighborhood. At that time, the only beer they were serving was Old Style--just like the John Hughes movies of the 80s. It was magical. It's the greatest baseball Stadium in the world, bar none. I tell people if you love baseball, visiting Wrigley is like dying and going to heaven. And, if you don't care for baseball, you'll love visiting Wrigley. The day I visited, my son was participating in an AAU basketball tournament the next day. They lost early that day. The first thing he said to me after the last game was "dad can we go back to Wrigley tomorrow?" We did.

I'm happy for Cubs fans.
Same with me. Our whole family saw the Cubs play the Mets in July; Lester pitched and Rizzo hit the game winning homer. None of us had been to Wrigley before. the game started at 6 pm, which was perfect. The sun was shining for about the first 5 innings and then the lights came on. We sung go Cubs Go with gusto and all bought hats or shirts. I tell my kids they will remember for the rest of their lives that they attended their first Cubs game the year they broke the curse. I hope it is special for them forever.