PDA

View Full Version : FS1 strikes deal with DirecTV, other major satellite/cable carriers

SoCalPat
08-15-2013, 04:07 PM
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-fox-sports-distribution-20130814,0,5466870.story

This is fantastic news for those of us with DirecTV and aren't really eager to switch. Three of our first five games (USU, OSU, UCLA) are on FS1, a fourth (BYU) will likely be on ESPN2 and a fifth (Weber State) will have the highlights sufficently covered at utahutes.com.

I would suspect the remaining 7 games will be a mix of ESPN, FS1 and Pac-12 Networks. The better of a team we have, the more slanted the broadcasts will be toward ESPN and FS1. Can I live without seeing 2-3 Utah games per year on my work schedule? Absolutely. It will be interesting if this deal does anything to get Pac-12 Networks and DirecTV back at the negotiating table.

OrangeUte
08-16-2013, 12:01 AM
Great news! I was getting a little nervous there since I made the switch to dish. Could have been in a position where I had pac 12 network but not gotten to see many games. Good news indeed!

I still cant believe directv hasn't picked up the pac 12 network.

Mormon Red Death
08-16-2013, 07:08 AM
Great news! I was getting a little nervous there since I made the switch to dish. Could have been in a position where I had pac 12 network but not gotten to see many games. Good news indeed!

I still cant believe directv hasn't picked up the pac 12 network.

Pac 12 network is New on the Comcast sports tier here in michigan. Which means it on all sports tiers now

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

OrangeUte
08-17-2013, 01:51 AM
Pac 12 network is New on the Comcast sports tier here in michigan. Which means it on all sports tiers now

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Charter Communications, the main cable company in much or northern Cali, Oregon and Washington still hasn't picked the channel up. They are adopting directv's approach to carriage. Amazing. But, I showed them and cancelled my cable service wit my them!