PDA

View Full Version : Tidbits from TJ

UtahsMrSports
08-19-2013, 02:34 PM
For the non twitter crowd....(if you still exist)

-Kenneth Ogbe is in town, is 6'6 as advertised with large hands.
-Schedule is completed, Pac12 has been the holdup. Dont expect a release before Sept 1.
-Delon Wright is as good as advertised.
-Princeton Onwas has surprised this summer. Very athletic, can do more with the ball than anticipated.

FountainOfUte
08-19-2013, 03:03 PM
I'm getting so excited for our hoops program. I'm actually excited for this upcoming season. That's actually not that unusual. What IS unusual is having that excitement be vindicated by the success of the season that follows. That's not happened in a very...long...time.

I'll confess, I probably had a similar excitement before both of Giac's first two seasons and similarly with Boylen's first couple of seasons, but not since Bogut's final year have I ended the season with a measure of hope for the future that I began the season with. That Bogut year, Giac's first, we got back to the Sweet 16 without Majerus. Something that we all sort of wondered if it could happen. Well, Giac did it (erm, Bogut did it) and I figured our hoops program wouldn't miss a beat, recruits would flock to our Sweet-16 caliber program, post Majerus, and we'd ride off to infamy. (Is this where I post a :rofl: or a :cry:; maybe even a:ostrich: and :swear: or :TrainWreck1:.)

I know LK has a long way to go to get us back to where Ute fans expect our hoops to be (which is kind of its own discussion, but go with me here), but it's nice to even feel a little sense of care about our hoops which has been in low supply in late August for the last 3-4 years minimum.

Go Runnin' Utes!

Two Utes
08-19-2013, 03:58 PM
For the non twitter crowd....(if you still exist)

-Kenneth Ogbe is in town, is 6'6 as advertised with large hands.
-Schedule is completed, Pac12 has been the holdup. Dont expect a release before Sept 1.
-Delon Wright is as good as advertised.
-Princeton Onwas has surprised this summer. Very athletic, can do more with the ball than anticipated.

The word I get is Van Dyke is tearing it up in informal games.