PDA

View Full Version : Watching Football

Applejack
08-23-2013, 08:27 AM
Let's use this post to talk about creative ways to watch the Utes.

For those of us who don't live in the shadow of the everlasting hills, it can be a challenge to watch every week. The Pac-12 network was a godsend for me because I can watch those games online (thanks to my brother's Southern California cable password). Does anyone know if FoxSports1 will stream the games?

Jarid in Cedar
08-23-2013, 08:55 AM
Does their password allow you to watch any channel? I well have to check, but I think the gateway through pac-12.com allows you to watch any game, not just those on the network..as long as you have a password.

Mormon Red Death
08-23-2013, 09:15 AM
Let's use this post to talk about creative ways to watch the Utes.

For those of us who don't live in the shadow of the everlasting hills, it can be a challenge to watch every week. The Pac-12 network was a godsend for me because I can watch those games online (thanks to my brother's Southern California cable password). Does anyone know if FoxSports1 will stream the games?

Fox sports 1 will be on lim e espn is. Any bar or house will have it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Applejack
08-23-2013, 09:56 AM
Does their password allow you to watch any channel? I well have to check, but I think the gateway through pac-12.com allows you to watch any game, not just those on the network..as long as you have a password.

I'm not sure I know what you mean. Clearly I can't watch games on ESPN via the Pac12.com. I was able to get a ton of games last year on Pac12.com, but a few weren't available (Utah State comes to mind).

Jarid in Cedar
08-23-2013, 10:07 AM
I'm not sure I know what you mean. Clearly I can't watch games on ESPN via the Pac12.com. I was able to get a ton of games last year on Pac12.com, but a few weren't available (Utah State comes to mind).

Ok. That was what I was wondering. I haven't done much streaming.

chrisrenrut
08-23-2013, 04:46 PM
Back when the MTN was only on Comcast, I hosted a Slingbox for Texas Ute Fan on UF.N, allowing him to watch any game on the MTN. Later, he sold it to they guy who went to Japan for a year once the MTN was on DirecTV.

I currently have DirecTV, but am seriously considering switching to Comcast or Dish soon. If I do, I'd be willing to host a Slingbox for someone if they buy the hardware.

Applejack
08-23-2013, 08:59 PM
Ok. That was what I was wondering. I haven't done much streaming.

We east coast Utes have to hustle.

Applejack
08-29-2013, 08:12 AM
Bump. It's game day and I still can't find the online portal for Fox Sports 1. :eek: I can only find press releases touting their streaming capabilities. Can anyone find the page where you can watch FS1, or am I screwed?

Mormon Red Death
08-29-2013, 09:33 AM
Bump. It's game day and I still can't find the online portal for Fox Sports 1. :eek: I can only find press releases touting their streaming capabilities. Can anyone find the page where you can watch FS1, or am I screwed?

You definitely are not screwed. You can always go to any sports bar or restraunt and watch the game.

Applejack
08-29-2013, 10:27 AM
You definitely are not screwed. You can always go to any sports bar or restraunt and watch the game.

That's just it! I can't because I have to watch my sleeping baby tonight. Also, sports bar food is always G-R-O-S-S.

LA Ute
08-29-2013, 10:45 AM
That's just it! I can't because I have to watch my sleeping baby tonight. Also, sports bar food is always G-R-O-S-S.

I think I saw something on UF.net about a stream. If you hunt around there you should be able to find something. Good luck! I feel your pain!

Diehard Ute
08-29-2013, 11:04 AM

You're going to the wrong sports bars...

Applejack
08-29-2013, 11:34 AM
You're going to the wrong sports bars...

Perhaps. Every time I go, I have to choose between gross burgers and grosser chicken. In fact, maybe I should invent a gourmet sports bar.

sancho
08-29-2013, 11:39 AM
Perhaps. Every time I go, I have to choose between gross burgers and grosser chicken. In fact, maybe I should invent a gourmet sports bar.

Food snob! I've never met a burger I didn't like.

What fancy lad sports do they show in a gourmet sports bar? Croquet? Polo?

Applejack
08-29-2013, 11:44 AM
Food snob! I've never met a burger I didn't like.

What fancy lad sports do they show in a gourmet sports bar? Croquet? Polo?

Excellent question. The cross-over appeal of my Bar de Esportes might be limited: die-hard sports fans tend to prefer generic, greasy bar food that leaves one feeling ill.

Tennis, I think would be a good starting point, maybe golf. Personally, I don't watch either on the tele, but I assume some connessiours of fine cuisine also enjoy relaxing with the British Open. Maybe I would just start small and refuse to offer "chicken strips" as an adult entree.

sancho
08-29-2013, 11:48 AM
Excellent question. The cross-over appeal of my Bar de Esportes might be limited: die-hard sports fans tend to prefer generic, greasy bar food that leaves one feeling ill.

Tennis, I think would be a good starting point, maybe golf. Personally, I don't watch either on the tele, but I assume some connessiours of fine cuisine also enjoy relaxing with the British Open. Maybe I would just start small and refuse to offer "chicken strips" as an adult entree.

Sailing? Someone has to watch sailing.

I don't believe in ordering chicken at a restaurant. I rarely see anything with chicken in it that I can't make at home just as well. I have made exceptions for southern places famous for their fried chicken.

Applejack
08-29-2013, 11:53 AM
True story: while watching the Utah-BYU game in 2008 at a TERRIBLE sports bar in some Virginia suburb, I told the waitress I just wanted to watch the game. I told her she could just keep my beverage up to date and I would leave a healthy tip. She was more than happy to oblige. I think she understood that no one should have to ingest those soggy potato wedges.

Applejack
08-29-2013, 12:26 PM
Bump update! My buddy who works at Fox Sports has informed me that Fox Sports 1 does not have an online portal at this time (as I suspected).

wally
08-29-2013, 12:30 PM

I am getting a month of FS1 on DirecTV for $7. It is part of their "Sports Pack." Do you have neighbors with DirecTV?

Dwight Schr-Ute
08-29-2013, 02:43 PM
If someone will vouch for you, I can look into hooking you up with my sling box/Dish Anywhere info. I've never done it before and not sure how secure it is, since it's attached to my Dish account.

Sullyute
08-29-2013, 02:54 PM
If someone will vouch for you, I can look into hooking you up with my sling box/Dish Anywhere info. I've never done it before and not sure how secure it is, since it's attached to my Dish account.

Applejack started the Official Green Thumb (http://www.utahby5.com/showthread.php?579-The-Official-Green-Thumb-Thread) thread. How much more vouching do you need?!

Applejack
08-29-2013, 03:49 PM

Thanks, how does that work? I'm not sure I know anyone on here in real life (although I have some suspicions), so the only voucher I can offer is a virtual handshake.

Dwight Schr-Ute
08-29-2013, 04:21 PM
Thanks, how does that work? I'm not sure I know anyone on here in real life (although I have some suspicions), so the only voucher I can offer is handshake.
Just looked around (inside the Dish Anywhere login) and it seems it exposes me quite a bit. Sorry to tease you with the possibility.