PDA

View Full Version : Can I Like Both UF.N and UB5? Would That Be Okay?

USS Utah
02-20-2013, 10:35 AM
Both sites are unique. Neither are perfect.

Before UB5 came a long, I thought UF.N was the best site out there for discussing Utah sports. I never posted at CB, wouldn't have been caught dead at that place. I never felt like I fit in at CUF. UF.N, warts and all, was home. I have met many members of both UF.N and UB5 at spring games and other gatherings -- great people. Monkey is one of the nicest guys I know.

So, I'm just going to enjoy both sites.

UB5 is off to a great start.

NorthwestUteFan
02-20-2013, 10:43 AM
Some people would say 'no', but all involved with starting this site will emphatically say 'YES'.

Frankly, I am very happy to see you here too. Your war history threads in particular are always informative and interesting to read. But that type of thread won't last more than a few hours on a scrolling site like UF.N.

LA Ute
02-20-2013, 10:53 AM

Before UB5 came a long, I thought UF.N was the best site out there for discussing Utah sports. I never posted at CB, wouldn't have been caught dead at that place. I never felt like I fit in at CUF. UF.N, warts and all, was home. I have met many members of both UF.N and UB5 at spring games and other gatherings -- great people. Monkey is one of the nicest guys I know.

This is the winning formula. It's what I plan to do. I think I've been posting at UF.net since 1999 or so.

mpfunk
02-20-2013, 11:40 AM
Enjoyment of utefans.net and UB5 is not mutually exclusive. Both sites serve different purposes. I checked out of utefans.net a long time ago, but that was just my decision. I know there are lots of others that really enjoy the site and hope that it keeps growing and improving over time, just like I hope this site grows and improves over time.

UtahDan
02-20-2013, 11:45 AM
Some people would say 'no', but all involved with starting this site will emphatically say 'YES'.

Frankly, I am very happy to see you here too. Your war history threads in particular are always informative and interesting to read. But that type of thread won't last more than a few hours on a scrolling site like UF.N.

Emphatically, yes, you can like both. :)

Jeromy in SLC
02-20-2013, 12:44 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjZPehBoRCU

Not really. But seriously, we are all discerning adults. I don't know why this has to be an issue. When I was a kid, I watched MTV non-stop. That was ALL that I watched. Over time, MTV's content changed, my tastes changed, and I began watching ESPN non-stop. And over time, ESPN's content changed (slightly), but my tastes changed. I rarely watch MTV anymore, but there are plenty of people that still do. Aside from sporting events, I rarely watch ESPN anymore, but there are plenty of people that do. I watch PAC12TV a lot now, because the content interests me. Folks will do what they will for their own reasons, but that doesn't diminish the product for those that like it. I think it can be that simple.

Utah
02-20-2013, 04:16 PM

Absolutely. But if you ask me in public, then no. ;)

Dawminator
03-04-2013, 01:46 PM
I'm not going to lie, since this site came around I have not even considered logging on to Utefans. I don't hate the site, but like was said above my tastes changed and I feel like the content was slipping. I like the feel here and the format. The posters talk with more respect. I just think it's what I hoped Utefans would be. Best of luck to them, but I am perfectly content being here and Utezone.

Tacoma Ute
03-04-2013, 01:52 PM

I completely agree. I often have them both up in seperate windows.

LadyUte
03-04-2013, 04:51 PM
I completely agree. I often have them both up in seperate windows.

I do as well. I enjoy both sites. No reason you can't like and post on both.

UtahDan
03-04-2013, 04:57 PM
I'm not going to lie, since this site came around I have not even considered logging on to Utefans. I don't hate the site, but like was said above my tastes changed and I feel like the content was slipping. I like the feel here and the format. The posters talk with more respect. I just think it's what I hoped Utefans would be. Best of luck to them, but I am perfectly content being here and Utezone.

Glad you're here. :)

IdahoUteTroutHead
03-04-2013, 04:58 PM

Love the pic Daw.....beetis.

Sheik Yerbouti
03-05-2013, 11:37 PM
Utefans is dying a slow death. Hardly any good insight or opinion about the Utes anymore. And the worst...Monkey has driven the site into the ground. It looks like something still stuck in 1999. No mobile app.

I give it another 8-12 months and it will likely be dead.

USS Utah
03-06-2013, 09:54 AM
You want dead? Visit my history group. I get plenty of visitors, but hardly anyone posts.

http://flattopshistorywarpolitics.yuku.com/directory#.UTd0rjc08uw

IdahoUteTroutHead
03-06-2013, 09:57 AM
You want dead? Visit my history group. I get plenty of visitors, but hardly anyone posts.

http://flattopshistorywarpolitics.yuku.com/directory#.UTd0rjc08uw

USS, use more boobs and explosions. See where that goes.

USS Utah
03-06-2013, 09:59 AM
I wanted a site where people could discuss history and current events without gossip or bickering only to learn that people actually want gossip and bickering.

IdahoUteTroutHead
03-06-2013, 10:02 AM
Kudos to you for putting that out there, I am sure people enjoy it even though the posting may not be what you would like.

Dawminator
03-06-2013, 10:13 AM
Love the pic Daw.....beetis.

Utah
03-06-2013, 03:16 PM
I went over there. After four pages of BYU talk...I left.

Rocker Ute
03-06-2013, 07:53 PM
Utefans is dying a slow death. Hardly any good insight or opinion about the Utes anymore. And the worst...Monkey has driven the site into the ground. It looks like something still stuck in 1999. No mobile app.

I give it another 8-12 months and it will likely be dead.

Meh... the traffic over there right now is virtually identical to this time last year, I've looked at the stats. These places can co-exist, leave the measuring to frat parties.

Jeromy in SLC
03-06-2013, 08:16 PM
Meh... the traffic over there right now is virtually identical to this time last year, I've looked at the stats. These places can co-exist, leave the measuring to frat parties.

Couldn't agree more. I now have three great forums for my Ute fix. Each has a different flavor, and I get to enjoy each of them everyday.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2