PDA

View Full Version : Game of Thrones

mpfunk
02-20-2013, 12:04 PM
I'm pumped for season 3 of this to start. The first 2 seasons were great and book 3 is my favorite in the series. There is a lot of great material to work with. Now GRRM needs to get the 6th book written so the TV show doesn't lap the books.

Book 3 spoiler
Since they are splitting book 3 into 2 season, I'm pretty damn sure they are going to end season 3 at the Red Wedding. It seems like a natural stopping point for the book.

OrangeUte
03-03-2013, 11:10 AM
Book 3 is by far the best of the series so far. It is massive and packed with great storylines. I agree with Funk on his spoiler. I cannot wait to get this season started. I wish they were doing 13 episodes instead of just 10.

OrangeUte
04-01-2013, 10:12 AM
Season 3 is off to a great start!

i cannot wait to see more of jon snow beyond the wall, and tyrion's story arc in this book is awesome. so is, obviously, the rob stark storyline, and aria storyline.. hell, this book is just awesome, and the season is off to a great start! i need to figure out how to do spoiler tags so i can be more specific.

mpfunk
04-01-2013, 04:20 PM
Season 3 is off to a great start!

i cannot wait to see more of jon snow beyond the wall, and tyrion's story arc in this book is awesome. so is, obviously, the rob stark storyline, and aria storyline.. hell, this book is just awesome, and the season is off to a great start! i need to figure out how to do spoiler tags so i can be more specific.

The first episode was good. It did really feel like mostly a setup episode, which was going to be necessary to lay the foundation for the rest of the season. Jon Snow's story really does become much more interesting with the 3rd book and I'm excited to see that.

I doubt they are going to get to the really interesting part of Tyrion's story in this season. I just cannot see how you get to Joffrey's death in this one and certainly not the trial with Tyrion or him killing Tywin.

SoCalCoug
04-04-2013, 12:36 PM
MPFunk is right, I think.

Do not read this if you haven't read A Storm of Swords:

There's a great fan site for the book and show. Westeros.org. They have the official titles for each episode of this season, as well as brief summaries of the earlier ones. Episode 9 is called "The Rains of Castamere", which was the song being played during the Red Wedding. Episode 10 is called "Mhysa", which is "Mother" in Ghiscari (the language of the ancestors of Slaver's Bay, where Dany is). Since that's what the people called her when she took Yunkai, I think it's fair to assume that's the main story of episode 10. Also, since in the book, that happened before the Red Wedding, it's clear they're skipping around a bit. I'm assuming the season will end with Dany having taken Yunkai, the Red Wedding just having happened, Jaime and Brienne on the way to King's Landing (Jaime's severed hand around Brienne's neck), Arya unconscious from The Hound's axe, Tryion having met with the Dornishmen (and Oberyn), Jon helping prepare Castle Black for the wildling invasion (I think they leave Ygritte's death for next season), and Bran on the way to Nightfort. Here's a link to the episode headings (http://www.westeros.org/GoT/Episodes/).

There's also a wiki on Westeros.org that has chapter summaries - I didn't make my predictions from memory - I'm not that smart or that obsessed with the books.

SoCalCoug
04-08-2013, 12:13 PM
I thought this was a great find:

This is the audition tape for Rory McCann, who plays Sandor Clegane (The Hound). It's pretty clear why he got the part - he scared the casting director into giving it to him.

http://youtu.be/TIWX2fPx-5k

OrangeUte
04-28-2013, 11:15 PM
Awesome episode tonight. This season is heating up fast and is superb!

OrangeUte
05-15-2013, 03:11 PM
Am i the only person watching this season? seriously - this is one fantastic show and intense season. it is living up to my expectations for it, which were very high. however, the theon stuff didn't happen in the 3rd book, did it? i honestly can't remember reading any of that. i haven't finished the 4th book so maybe it's in there and they are jumping ahead a little bit.

the danerys story is getting interesting with her unsullied. arya stark finally getting "kidnapped" by clegane is one of my favorite parts from the 3rd book. it looks like next season will include tyrion and sansa getting married, the royal wedding and it's surprising results, sansa and little finger in the aerie, etc. i am loving the brienne and jamie lannister story. it's probably the best part so far in this season. those 2 were cast perfectly.

wuapinmon
05-15-2013, 06:54 PM
I'm watching it. I agree. CUF is full of CMBF's "I HATE EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME" reviews. I think that Tyrion is the best part of the show.

DrumNFeather
05-16-2013, 07:25 AM
This is kind of funny, from SNL.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/486599

SoCalCoug
05-16-2013, 09:18 AM
Am i the only person watching this season? seriously - this is one fantastic show and intense season. it is living up to my expectations for it, which were very high. however, the theon stuff didn't happen in the 3rd book, did it? i honestly can't remember reading any of that. i haven't finished the 4th book so maybe it's in there and they are jumping ahead a little bit.

the danerys story is getting interesting with her unsullied. arya stark finally getting "kidnapped" by clegane is one of my favorite parts from the 3rd book. it looks like next season will include tyrion and sansa getting married, the royal wedding and it's surprising results, sansa and little finger in the aerie, etc. i am loving the brienne and jamie lannister story. it's probably the best part so far in this season. those 2 were cast perfectly.

Tyrion and Sansa get married this week. http://www.westeros.org/GoT/Episodes/Entry/Second_Sons

OrangeUte
05-16-2013, 12:23 PM
Tyrion and Sansa get married this week. http://www.westeros.org/GoT/Episodes/Entry/Second_Sons

I hadn't seen this. Thanks! We are definitely on track to end with the red wedding.

The theon torture stuff - is that from a later book? I don't remember it from book 3 at all. He's one of my least favorite characters but I'm starting to feel bad for the guy. This torturer is brutal.

OrangeUte
05-20-2013, 09:16 AM
I think I answered my own question on Wikipedia. The Theon torture is covered in book 5, and I haven't gotten there yet. I read an article recently that explains why they're doing the Theon torture story in this season.

Last nights episode was awesome. Arya Stark continues to be one of my favorite characters. Her scenes with Tywin Lannister last year and with the hound this season have been great. The Denaryus storyline last night was terrific and well acted.

I fell asleep through about 10 minutes in the middle so I need to rewatch the episode the whole way through again.

I wish the seasons were 12 episodes long instead of 10.

OrangeUte
06-04-2013, 06:37 PM
I had to wait a few days before posting about the Red Wedding Episode from this Sunday. Not too sound overly dramatic, but that was honestly about as intense and emotional an hour of television as I have ever watched. Seriously. All I can really say is that the actors and writers and directors and producers of this episode did everything so well that it was as intense to watch this episode as it was to read about the Red Wedding for the first time in the books. I was uncomfortable. I was nervous. I was on edge throughout the whole episode, and it isn't because I knew what was coming. It was because it was just so damn well-done. Bravo!

Jarid in Cedar
06-04-2013, 06:39 PM
The twitter explosion about the red wedding was hilarious. I haven't read the books or seen one minute of the show, but the reaction that everyone had, has me intrigued

OrangeUte
06-04-2013, 06:56 PM
The twitter explosion about the red wedding was hilarious. I haven't read the books or seen one minute of the show, but the reaction that everyone had, has me intrigued

It is a pretty crazy part of the books - completely takes the reader off-guard. It is brutal and has a huge impact on the story. Apparently a lot of people have historically become very upset with the author after reading the books. They make claims such as "I read to escape dealing with a hard life and you aren't helping any with this Red Wedding business." I checked out twitter on Sunday night and found hit hilarious just like you.

I haven't ever been much into fantasy. Tolkien and some Terry Brooks (Shannara books - elfstone, wishsong and sword only) but these game of thrones books are fantastic.

U-Ute
06-06-2013, 05:23 PM

U-Ute
06-06-2013, 05:25 PM

OrangeUte
06-11-2013, 11:02 PM
Okay. Who watched this season? This was some incredible television and next season is going to be great as well.

Superb last 2 episodes!

jrj84105
06-12-2013, 07:25 AM
I haven't ever been much into fantasy. Tolkien and some Terry Brooks (Shannara books - elfstone, wishsong and sword only) but these game of thrones books are fantastic.
Same here. I do think that the crossover appeal to the non-fantasy crown starts to wane following the red wedding. The balance between relatable normal people and fantastical magical people gradually tilts more and more toward the latter.

OrangeUte
06-12-2013, 10:55 PM
Same here. I do think that the crossover appeal to the non-fantasy crown starts to wane following the red wedding. The balance between relatable normal people and fantastical magical people gradually tilts more and more toward the latter.

I'm halfway through the 4th book (been stating and stopping it for the last 3 months) and so far so good in keeping me interested. Hopefully grrm will keep me interested and not run my interest away with crazy stuff.

OrangeUte
03-09-2014, 09:41 PM
3 weeks and counting....

U-Ute
06-27-2014, 01:45 PM
Game Of Thrones... 80's VHS style...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oVfIFrpslI

:clap: