PDA

View Full Version : Riders in Europe?

Expat
02-20-2013, 01:05 PM
I'm stationed in Germany. Going for a ride in Late March in Holland - Tour de Flanders (the public ride the day before). Anybody else going?

Jarid in Cedar
02-21-2013, 12:37 AM
Sorry to say, that I will probably miss that one :) Sounds like fun. I am planning on my first century this fall, but it will be in boring ole Utah.

creekster
02-22-2013, 01:17 AM
The tour de Flanders is a Belgian classic. It is not Dutch.

Expat
02-22-2013, 09:26 AM
Apologies. I get the BeNeLux countries confused. I did know that it was in Belgium, now that I think about it - just outside Bruxelles. Still haven't found a hotel/house. Ideas?

Rocker Ute
02-22-2013, 10:02 AM
The Tour of Utah has a ride for us commoners that I think I'll try to do this year. My brother and a couple of his buddies each year do an epic ride, typically a non-stop jaunt from SLC to St George. Thinking of that makes my kidneys fail.

creekster
02-23-2013, 04:53 PM
Apologies. I get the BeNeLux countries confused. I did know that it was in Belgium, now that I think about it - just outside Bruxelles. Still haven't found a hotel/house. Ideas?

No worries. Having lived in Belgium I know they are always a little touchy about being confused with the Netherlands or France. No good suggestions on lodging, but there are lots of leads on-line. Good luck.