PDA

View Full Version : Utah's nutrition program...and why the Utes don't cramp like Chuckie

Diehard Ute
09-25-2013, 09:23 AM
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865587033/Improving-performance-Universities-using-nutrition-to-help-their-athletes-play-better.html

Pretty interesting article, even if the headline is misleading. Seems Utah is a leader here, not one of many universities.

(Utah also employs Shannon Bowles Doleac for gymnastics nutrition)

utebehindenemylines
09-25-2013, 02:32 PM
It's crazy to me that some of these guys could be at such low body fat %'s while just eating whatever they want. Orchard saying he grew up on ramen and cereal. He's 250 lbs of muscle, where's he getting the protein to maintain his muscle mass?

In the same vein, I really wish I would've created good eating habits while in college. I spent way too many years just feeding my body absolute garbage, and it showed. A few years ago I started to figure it out and it's made a huge difference in my overall look and I've really taken notice in my energy levels.

Hot Lunch
09-25-2013, 03:53 PM
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865587033/Improving-performance-Universities-using-nutrition-to-help-their-athletes-play-better.html

Pretty interesting article, even if the headline is misleading. Seems Utah is a leader here, not one of many universities.

(Utah also employs Shannon Bowles Doleac for gymnastics nutrition)

So Shannon Bowles stands about 5 feet tall. Her husband, Micheal Doleac, is around an inch away from being a 7 footer. Hmmmmmm...... Interesting gene pool they have created. Former NBA Center mixed with a world class gymnast.

Diehard Ute
09-25-2013, 04:32 PM
It's crazy to me that some of these guys could be at such low body fat %'s while just eating whatever they want. Orchard saying he grew up on ramen and cereal. He's 250 lbs of muscle, where's he getting the protein to maintain his muscle mass?

In the same vein, I really wish I would've created good eating habits while in college. I spent way too many years just feeding my body absolute garbage, and it showed. A few years ago I started to figure it out and it's made a huge difference in my overall look and I've really taken notice in my energy levels.

Nate was about 200 to 215 in HS (one recruiting profile listed him as 200).

wally
09-25-2013, 04:44 PM
Based on the title, I thought this thread was going t be about pickle juice.