PDA

View Full Version : Game Times and Channels

DrumNFeather
09-28-2013, 09:20 PM
How far in advance will they announce the game times for the rest of the season? Is it typically week by week? I'm specifically wondering about the Stanford game.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

sancho
09-28-2013, 09:25 PM
How far in advance will they announce the game times for the rest of the season? Is it typically week by week? I'm specifically wondering about the Stanford game.

Stanford will kick off at 6:00 PM. I know this because I prefer to storm fields at night.

SoCalPat
09-29-2013, 06:58 PM

12 days in advance, unless ABC/ESPN chooses to exercise its 6-day window (they have three weekends in which to use it). I also believe PAC 12 Network allowed one week in which it gets first pick of the available games, but do not know if it can exercise the 6-day window.

FWIW, this is SOP amongst all the power conferences. The one undeniable positive about being in the MWC was that we could set our game times months in advance. Because we didn't get the big TV money, fans were big winners in that they could make plans much further in advance.

GarthUte
09-29-2013, 08:54 PM
12 days in advance, unless ABC/ESPN chooses to exercise its 6-day window (they have three weekends in which to use it). I also believe PAC 12 Network allowed one week in which it gets first pick of the available games, but do not know if it can exercise the 6-day window.

FWIW, this is SOP amongst all the power conferences. The one undeniable positive about being in the MWC was that we could set our game times months in advance. Because we didn't get the big TV money, fans were big winners in that they could make plans much further in advance.

Didn't know that about tv schedules, Pat. Interesting. Thanks for the info.

SoCalPat
09-30-2013, 10:09 AM
FWIW, this is a prime week for the networks to exercise their six-day option. The implications of Oregon-Washington and Utah-Stanford could be wildly different after this week's games. If Washington beats Stanford, then OU-Washington becomes the marquee game. If Utah beats UCLA and Washington loses to Oregon, then Utah-Stanford could be the marquee game.

At the same time, ABC is not doing Saturday Night Football on Oct. 12 because of a NASCAR Sprint Cup commitment.

I am optimistic Utah-Stanford will not be on the Pac-12 Network, but there are so many variables in play here I'm loathe to say anything definitive.

SoCalPat
09-30-2013, 10:31 AM
FWIW, this is a prime week for the networks to exercise their six-day option. The implications of Oregon-Washington and Utah-Stanford could be wildly different after this week's games. If Washington beats Stanford, then OU-Washington becomes the marquee game. If Utah beats UCLA and Washington loses to Oregon, then Utah-Stanford could be the marquee game.

At the same time, ABC is not doing Saturday Night Football on Oct. 12 because of a NASCAR Sprint Cup commitment.

I am optimistic Utah-Stanford will not be on the Pac-12 Network, but there are so many variables in play here I'm loathe to say anything definitive.

Shows what I know. Utah-Stanford is a 4 p.m. kickoff on Pac-12 Networks. Worst possible setup imaginable for me.

SoCalPat
09-30-2013, 10:36 AM
Shows what I know. Utah-Stanford is a 4 p.m. kickoff on Pac-12 Networks. Worst possible setup imaginable for me.

I was partly right on the six-day option, as it's being used for Oregon State-Wazzu and Cal-UCLA. It's a bit sobering that the networks are willing to wait on OSU-Wazzu, but wouldn't use the six-day window on the possibility of a matchup between a Top 5 Stanford team and a team that (at worst) would be receiving votes in the Top 25.

U-Ute
09-30-2013, 10:49 AM
Stanford will kick off at 6:00 PM. I know this because I prefer to storm fields at night.

Don't forget your button. The college education of my children is depending on that button.

Utah
09-30-2013, 10:50 AM
I was partly right on the six-day option, as it's being used for Oregon State-Wazzu and Cal-UCLA. It's a bit sobering that the networks are willing to wait on OSU-Wazzu, but wouldn't use the six-day window on the possibility of a matchup between a Top 5 Stanford team and a team that (at worst) would be receiving votes in the Top 25.

Stanford's fanbase sucks and we may/may not be any good. I'm not surprised at all.

DrumNFeather
10-11-2013, 07:55 AM
Arizona game time set. 7:00 PM MT, Pac 12 Networks.

Diehard Ute
10-11-2013, 12:22 PM
Arizona game time set. 7:00 PM MT, Pac 12 Networks.

It's 8 mountain time.

DrumNFeather
10-11-2013, 12:26 PM
It's 8 mountain time.

Is it? I have it listed as 9 ET?

Diehard Ute
10-11-2013, 12:37 PM
Is it? I have it listed as 9 ET?

Yup. Just checked the U's schedule as well as the one the send to my phone. 8 on both.

Also 8 on the Pac12 press release. Zona appears to have listed it wrong on their schedule so perhaps that's the problem

Jarid in Cedar
10-11-2013, 12:43 PM
Yup. Just checked the U's schedule as well as the one the send to my phone. 8 on both.

Also 8 on the Pac12 press release. Zona appears to have listed it wrong on their schedule so perhaps that's the problem

The game is on at 7 pm Arizona time. They don't do daylight savings in that state, so during the summer months, they are an hour behind us and are the same in the winter.

Diehard Ute
10-11-2013, 12:49 PM
The game is on at 7 pm Arizona time. They don't do daylight savings in that state, so during the summer months, they are an hour behind us and are the same in the winter.

Yes, but they list it as "Mountain Time" on their schedule which will cause confusion.

SoCalPat
10-11-2013, 06:29 PM
Yes, but they list it as "Mountain Time" on their schedule which will cause confusion.

Actually, it's listed as MST, or Mountain Standard Time, which is different than Mountain Daylight Time.

Diehard Ute
10-11-2013, 06:38 PM
Actually, it's listed as MST, or Mountain Standard Time, which is different than Mountain Daylight Time.

Depends which schedule of theirs you see. The one I found just said "Mountain Time"

DrumNFeather
10-14-2013, 01:08 PM
USC game time set. 1:00 PM PT. Pac 12 Networks.

Hot Lunch
10-14-2013, 02:42 PM
USC game time set. 1:00 PM PT. Pac 12 Networks.

I am finally making the switch to Dish Network this week. My hand has been forced.

Freaky Girl
10-14-2013, 06:16 PM
I am finally making the switch to Dish Network this week. My hand has been forced.

We finally did it also. I called DirecTV monthly for a year, telling them I was going to leave them if they didn't get the PAC-12. Two months ago someone came door to door for Dish and a local internet, and said they would pay my three months cancellation fee if I switched then. So I did. I had it all hooked up with Dish and then called to say goodbye to DirecTV. She asked me how she could make me stay, and I told her get the PAC-12 Network. She said they were "in negotiations" and she expected there would be a deal "any day". They do a pretty good hard press, trying everything to make one stay. Since I've left, I've received weekly mailings offering me the basic package for $29.99 a month for three years plus $200 towards canceling my new service if I come back. I keep telling them the same thing - get the PAC 12 and I will come back.

DrumNFeather
10-14-2013, 07:18 PM

You won't regret it. Dish is the superior product, IMO.

DrumNFeather
11-04-2013, 11:17 AM
No word yet on the Oregon game, but it appears that all the Pac 12 Network time slots have been filled, so we're probably looking at Fox Sports 1 or one of the ESPN channels.

DrumNFeather
11-10-2013, 03:56 PM
Oregon game is at 4 pm EST on Fox Sports 1.

roseparkutes
11-13-2013, 09:04 AM
any news on the Colorado game?

DrumNFeather
11-13-2013, 09:12 AM
Washington St. game announced for 3:30 EST on PAC 12 Networks.

DrumNFeather
11-19-2013, 02:06 PM
Colorado game announced for 2:00 PM EST on PAC 12 Networks.

Applejack
11-20-2013, 01:10 PM
Colorado game announced for 2:00 PM EST on PAC 12 Networks.

Thanks for using EST! :jig: This thread is a winner.