PDA

View Full Version : Welcome female UB5 posters!!!

Mimi
02-20-2013, 02:31 PM
I thought I would start a new thread for the females to introduce ourselves. I see that Freaky Girl and Mrs. Funk (and maybe others) have joined.

JIC is my brother-in-law, which I believe will lead to me receiving special treatment here, i.e. the board rules likely won't apply (right, JIC?). Jeromy in SLC does my laundry, cooks my meals, and is my heating pad during the winter. However, with the advent of this board, I suspect I may have an alienation of affection claim against JIC.

I anticipate my primary role here will be to perform translating services when the wonder twin powers activate.

Go UTES!

LA Ute
02-20-2013, 02:36 PM
I thought I would start a new thread for the females to introduce ourselves. I see that Freaky Girl and Mrs. Funk (and maybe others) have joined.

JIC is my brother-in-law, which I believe will lead to me receiving special treatment here, i.e. the board rules likely won't apply (right, JIC?). Jeromy in SLC does my laundry, cooks my meals, and is my heating pad during the winter. However, with the advent of this board, I suspect I may have an alienation of affection claim against JIC.

I anticipate my primary role here will be to perform translating services when the wonder twin powers activate.

Go UTES!

On the strength of this post alone, you're already on my Most Valuable Poster ballot.

redpatty
02-20-2013, 02:38 PM
I introduced myself in the other Welcome thread, but obviously didn't make an impression. ;)

I'm neither acquainted with or related to anyone on this board other than in our mutual love for the Utes. It looks like this board is going to be a lot of fun.

SuperGabers
02-20-2013, 02:49 PM
On the "Message Board Down South" I am known as SuperGabers, thus I carry the tradition on here on UB5.

I am the slightly more attractive and nicer half of UtahDan. I am looking forward to getting to know some new members and I am also looking forward to seeing a small percentage of the old posters from TBDS.

Bwah-haha.

Jeromy in SLC
02-20-2013, 04:16 PM

Go UTES!

I thought of using Zan and Jayna (the Wonder Twins, for those not familiar with the 70's cartoon "Superfriends")as my avatar, but figured JIC would be insulted when people thought he was Jayna. And I wouldn't worry about the "alienation of affection claim". You will probably like me better when I'm not in your hair all the time :p

LadyUte
02-22-2013, 12:21 PM
I am LadyUte. Long time poster over on uf.n. I am pretty simple. Football, Nutella and shoulders make me happy. I also enjoy basketball and gymnastics is a huge passion of mine. I am a frequent tailgater. I have met many great friends over on uf.n and hope to see them over here. I am excited for the chance to meet more women who are into sports as much as I am. Most of the women on uf.n do not post anymore. I try to keep the men over there in line but it is hard by myself. So ladies, let's be loud and proud on this board!! Go Utes!!!

DanielLaRusso
02-22-2013, 12:33 PM
Football, Nutella and shoulders make me happy.

This sentence is either in desperate need of an Oxford comma or a supreme case of TMI.

LadyUte
02-22-2013, 12:55 PM
This sentence is either in desperate need of an Oxford comma or a supreme case of TMI.
Oh my! ha ha

Sly Cat
02-22-2013, 08:28 PM
Hello ladies. I am joining this board to support my hubby and for the community. I am a Utah graduate and Utah fan but I must confess that I don't watch sports. I only care about the outcome. Utah by 5. I hope to have as much fun here as my hubs.

redpatty
02-22-2013, 08:38 PM
This is great. The Women of Utah!!

LadyUte
02-22-2013, 08:42 PM
This is great. The Women of Utah!!
Nice to have more females around.

Tacoma Ute
02-22-2013, 08:46 PM
Welcome ladies! Go Utes!

Mrs. Funk
02-23-2013, 12:12 PM
Hello! Somehow I've now managed to be part of three online sports communities when I don't care a fig about sports. I enjoy the friendships we've made (some of which extend to real life interactions) and the thoughtful discussions. I usually stick to literature, food, and occasionally dabble in the religion threads.

Welcome to all the female posters. Let's hang up some tampon streamers or something.

Tacoma Ute
02-23-2013, 12:25 PM
Hello! Somehow I've now managed to be part of three online sports communities when I don't care a fig about sports. I enjoy the friendships we've made (some of which extend to real life interactions) and the thoughtful discussions. I usually stick to literature, food, and occasionally dabble in the religion threads.

Welcome to all the female posters. Let's hang up some tampon streamers or something.

***blushes, discreetly slips out of room***

LadyUte
02-23-2013, 12:29 PM
Get used to it Tacoma. More females means more of this sort of talk. ;)

Mrs. Funk
02-23-2013, 12:29 PM

Didn't grow up with sisters? I swear my little brother is completely desensitized to the sight of tampons.

Tacoma Ute
02-23-2013, 12:36 PM
No, just joking. I thought it was funny.

redpatty
02-23-2013, 12:53 PM
[QUOTE=

Welcome to all the female posters. Let's hang up some tampon streamers or something.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Tacoma, you are the bravest Ute of all for venturing to this thread.

Tacoma Ute
02-23-2013, 12:59 PM
:rofl:

Tacoma, you are the bravest Ute of all for venturing to this thread.

LOL!

On a serious note, it seems like most of the female posters on utefans left. Outside of Lady Ute and our UCLA freind BruinPatti I can't think of any who even post there anymore.

LA Ute
02-23-2013, 01:01 PM
LOL!

On a serious note, it seems like most of the female posters on utefans left. Outside of Lady Ute and our UCLA freind BruinPatti I can't think of any who even post there anymore.

Gee, now why would that be? ;)

Tacoma Ute
02-23-2013, 01:06 PM
Gee, now why would that be? ;)

*Bows head, sheepishly replies* Because too many of us guys, myself guilty as any, get carried away and forget that a public forum is mixed company.

Newbomb Turk
02-23-2013, 01:25 PM
There is no way that Lady Ute can keep the men in line. It can't be done.

Tacoma Ute
02-23-2013, 01:32 PM
There is no way that Lady Ute can keep the men in line. It can't be done.

She could keep me in line! By the way, are you still up in that tree? I just ordered pizza. One for the front yard tree and one for the backyard tree.

Newbomb Turk
02-23-2013, 01:37 PM
Hold the green peppers on mine.

Tacoma Ute
02-23-2013, 01:46 PM
Hold the green peppers on mine.

Done. Hopefully Lady will bring us each out a six pack for our troubles. :)

LA Ute
02-23-2013, 01:46 PM
Welcome to UB5, Turk!

LadyUte
02-23-2013, 02:12 PM
Done. Hopefully Lady will bring us each out a six pack for our troubles. :)
Maybe. If you two are really nice. Yay Turk, you made it over!!

Newbomb Turk
02-23-2013, 02:14 PM
Make mine Corona.

redpatty
02-23-2013, 02:19 PM
Hey Turk. On another board, I told you that you were my favorite poster. It's good to see you here. Thanks for always being so nice to me. (The former ladyinred)

Newbomb Turk
02-23-2013, 02:53 PM
Thanks. And thanks for the compliment. I'm glad you're here, too.

LA Ute
02-23-2013, 02:55 PM
Thanks. And thanks for the compliment. I'm glad you're here, too.

We need more like you here to balance out the sketchy guys like GarthUte.