PDA

View Full Version : Interesting things you see and hear at RES

chrisrenrut
10-12-2013, 08:36 PM
When you in tight quarters with 45,000 people, you often see and hear some things that are, well let's just use "interesting" as the adjective.

Tonight at the Stanford game, I warned my niece and nephew (4 and 5 years old) about the big cannon at the end of the 3rd quarter. I'm not sure what they thought would happen by my description, but the both ran to their dad's sides and held ther hands over their ears for a couple of minutes until it happened. It turns out I should have also warned my BIL's dad. He was standing, and when the first cannon shot went off, he fell back on the bench. We thought he had a heart attack, but he was just stunned.

As we got the final stop on 4th down, my brother jumped up and pumped his arm in the air, and threw it out off socket. He has dislocated it a few times before, so it wasn't a huge deal, except he was in a lot of pain as people all around him went crazy, unaware. As the crowd started to thin out around us, he lied down on the ground and had his friend put his foot in his armpit and pull his arm to put it back into place.