PDA

View Full Version : Dennis Erickson on Press Conference...

Crimsonute
02-20-2013, 03:51 PM
http://espn.kall700sports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Dennis-Erickson-2-20-13.mp3

Utah
02-20-2013, 04:02 PM
Nice. Any highlights?

HuskyFreeNorthwest
02-20-2013, 05:51 PM
Can he bring Ochocinco? Since he never attended class in CornValley he should still have eligibility left.

Hadrian
02-20-2013, 06:35 PM
The official video is up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DieSBPNhS_E

UtahDan
02-20-2013, 07:00 PM
Thanks Hadrian!

UtahDan
02-20-2013, 07:08 PM
"If you look at the top 10 offenses they are running 75-80 plays and you can't do that form the huddle."

Utah
02-20-2013, 08:14 PM
"If you look at the top 10 offenses they are running 75-80 plays and you can't do that form the huddle."

This. Erickson knows offense. He has the confidence to say this is what we are doing, and then will get the players out there to do it.

BJ's biggest problem last year was he couldn't do that. He started Wynn, with a pro-style offense. Then we went to dumbed down offense for Hays. Then BJ was able to run his offense with Wilson halfway through the season. We had no offensive identity.

Erickson gives us that.

I would put money down that had Chow stayed last year, Wilson would have been our starter from day 1. BJ/Whitt didn't have the guts to do that. Erickson will.

Diehard Ute
02-20-2013, 08:24 PM
I would put money down that had Chow stayed last year, Wilson would have been our starter from day 1. BJ/Whitt didn't have the guts to do that. Erickson will.

I think you'd be looking for a second job ;)

honestly, Chow was probably Wynn's biggest supporter, and was also the key person wanting to go away from what we've run. I can't see any scenario where Chow staying would really have been good.

hardcoreUTE
02-21-2013, 01:18 AM

honestly, Chow was probably Wynn's biggest supporter, and was also the key person wanting to go away from what we've run. I can't see any scenario where Chow staying would really have been good.

Have to agree. After Wynn got hurt he was offered the QB coaching job at Hawaii. Chow was constantly saying Wynn was the smartest QB he'd met, at the time I didn't know if he was just trying to build his confidence but after offering him a job I believe Wynn was a favorite child and would have been starting either way.

Utah
02-21-2013, 07:31 AM

You might be right, but Wilson was recruited under Chow. Toss in a spring/summer where Wynn wasn't throwing and Wilson would have been working with Chow...Who knows. I will step back from my Wilson starting prediction (but not too far), and will say that had Chow been here, I doubt Hays would have seen as much time as he did, and at the very worst, Wilson would have stepped in when Wynn went down. :)