PDA

View Full Version : NCAAF Coaching Changes

scottie
11-24-2013, 01:38 PM
Travis Haney's ESPN Blog about potential coaching moves (http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/travis-haney/post/_/id/1365/uf-tops-among-potential-coaching-moves)

Kevin Sumlin to USC?:

In addition to the lucrative offer that might soon come from USC, I was reminded by a source that of the NFL teams that could potentially come after Sumlin this offseason, the Houston Texans would be a particularly intriguing option. Sumlin coached at the University of Houston before going to A&M. With a young family, he might be more apt to stay close to home than move to, say, Los Angeles. Chip Kelly is earning a reported $6 million with the Philadelphia Eagles. I'm guessing that kind of salary (as I've written previously, he could net a similarly sized offer from USC) would have some appeal for Sumlin.

Todd Graham to Texas?:

The Sun Devils are also not that far away from a Pac-12 championship and Rose Bowl trip. Now, can Arizona State hold off Texas from coming after head coach Todd Graham, a Mesquite, Texas, native, if the Longhorns and Mack Brown part ways after the season?

I don't think Sumlin is proven enough for the USC job, and I don't know if Graham is sexy enough for UT.

sancho
11-24-2013, 01:40 PM
I don't think Sumlin is proven enough for the USC job, and I don't know if Graham is sexy enough for UT.

I agree, but I think it's a down year for big names. Who should they be looking at? Obviously, Texas makes Saban an offer. After that, who?

GarthUte
11-24-2013, 01:42 PM
I agree, but I think it's a down year for big names. Who should they be looking at? Obviously, Texas makes Saban an offer. After that, who?

I can't see Saban accepting an offer from Texas. Texas would be a great coaching job, but Bama is a bigger name and better job.