PDA

View Full Version : Thanks, Dad

Viking
12-20-2013, 12:36 PM
Yesterday, my kid brother found a cute little Lhasa Apso puppy lost on the street in a neighborhood in the UC and with the snow and cold, stopped to pick up the pup and rescue it from the cold.

He brought it to my Dad's place in SLC and my Dad took the poor thing to the vet to have it checked out. No chip, no collar. The vet estimated it was 8 months old.

Last night and this morning, we noticed that the puppy was housebroken and very sociable, particularly around our 4 year-old. It had to be a house dog.

We thought about how heart broken we would be if our dog were lost, particularly with Xmas next week.

So today, my dad cancelled his entire schedule and drove to the UC and literally went door to door in the neighborhood where the puppy was found. After about 90 mins, there was a very happy mom with a young daughter who was indeed heartbroken about her lost--now found--puppy.

My dad has always been the kindest person I've ever known. He's been known to literally give the shirt off his back to people. We speculate that when the old man goes, we will hear story after story of generosity. He grew up poor and has devoted himself to the downtrodden. As a serial entrepreneur, he's had his fair share of success--and failure.

It's hard knowing you'll never measure up to him, but it's nice to have a good example. Thanks, dad.

hostile
12-20-2013, 12:50 PM
Yesterday, my kid brother found a cute little Lhasa Apso puppy lost on the street in a neighborhood in the UC and with the snow and cold, stopped to pick up the pup and rescue it from the cold.

He brought it to my Dad's place in SLC and my Dad took the poor thing to the vet to have it checked out. No chip, no collar. The vet estimated it was 8 months old.

Last night and this morning, we noticed that the puppy was housebroken and very sociable, particularly around our 4 year-old. It had to be a house dog.

We thought about how heart broken we would be if our dog were lost, particularly with Xmas next week.

So today, my dad cancelled his entire schedule and drove to the UC and literally went door to door in the neighborhood where the puppy was found. After about 90 mins, there was a very happy mom with a young daughter who was indeed heartbroken about her lost--now found--puppy.

My dad has always been the kindest person I've ever known. He's been known to literally give the shirt off his back to people. We speculate that when the old man goes, we will hear story after story of generosity. He grew up poor and has devoted himself to the downtrodden. As a serial entrepreneur, he's had his fair share of success--and failure.

It's hard knowing you'll never measure up to him, but it's nice to have a good example. Thanks, dad.

Thats a great story.

LA Ute
12-20-2013, 01:00 PM
Thats a great story.

Yep. I'd like to meet Viking's dad sometime.

Sullyute
12-20-2013, 01:01 PM
Thats a great story.

Agreed. Thanks for sharing Viking.