PDA

View Full Version : Bowl games for 2013 season

Mormon Red Death
12-21-2013, 04:16 PM
In the first bowl game Washington st blows a 15 point lead with 3 minutes left and loses

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

sancho
12-21-2013, 04:20 PM
In the first bowl game Washington st blows a 15 point lead with 3 minutes left and loses

That was hilarious. First bowl game in 10 years, and Wazzu blows it. Hope it's another 10 years for them. It really was horrible to lose to Wazzu the way we did this year.

Mormon Red Death
12-21-2013, 04:38 PM
That was hilarious. First bowl game in 10 years, and Wazzu blows it. Hope it's another 10 years for them. It really was horrible to lose to Wazzu the way we did this year.

All wazzu had to do was down the football

Scratch
12-21-2013, 06:59 PM
All wazzu had to do was down the football

They literally could have taken a knee, right? First down with 2 minutes left and opposing team has no timeouts. Wasn't that the scenario?

sancho
12-21-2013, 07:05 PM
They literally could have taken a knee, right? First down with 2 minutes left and opposing team has no timeouts. Wasn't that the scenario?

And they even had 1 fumble overturned before the real fumble. That should have been enough to scare them straight. Single worst example of coaching in the Pac-12 this season. I love it.

NorthwestUteFan
12-22-2013, 06:16 PM
I can't link from my phone, but CSU's D Line coach is probably looking for work after he shouted at Connor Halliday, "Fuck you, you fucking faggot!!"

Those fumbles at the end were terrible. All they needed to do was run a couple of plays, hold onto the ball, and go home winners.

Mistake of the game might be Leach calling a passing play on third down on his own 8 yard line with 20 seconds left in first half. Pass incomplete, punter out of own end zone with short time left, and CSU hit q field goal. That is an example of poor game management. Call a running play and time would expire (iirc CSU was out of timeouts).

ETA -

Here is the incident with the CSU coach (it won't embed):
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/assets/3751013/wazzu.gif

scottie
12-23-2013, 09:26 PM
I can't link from my phone, but CSU's D Line coach is probably looking for work after he shouted at Connor Halliday, "Fuck you, you fucking faggot!!"

Those fumbles at the end were terrible. All they needed to do was run a couple of plays, hold onto the ball, and go home winners.

Mistake of the game might be Leach calling a passing play on third down on his own 8 yard line with 20 seconds left in first half. Pass incomplete, punter out of own end zone with short time left, and CSU hit q field goal. That is an example of poor game management. Call a running play and time would expire (iirc CSU was out of timeouts).

ETA -

Here is the incident with the CSU coach (it won't embed):
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/assets/3751013/wazzu.gif

Suspended without pay for 2 weeks:

http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20131223/SPORTS0201/312230075/Colorado-State-suspends-assistant-coach-Greg-Lupfer-gay-slur?odyssey=mod%7Cbreaking%7Cimg%7CFRONTPAGE

Utah
12-23-2013, 09:29 PM
Suspended without pay for 2 weeks:

http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20131223/SPORTS0201/312230075/Colorado-State-suspends-assistant-coach-Greg-Lupfer-gay-slur?odyssey=mod%7Cbreaking%7Cimg%7CFRONTPAGE

I don't think 2 weeks is enough.

chrisrenrut
12-26-2013, 11:44 PM
Yay Aggies!

OrangeUte
12-27-2013, 07:49 AM
The mighty Cuse and the cougs are on tonight. Finally, a few games I care about watching.

Utah State's win was awesome. I have a sister who went there and a lot of friends who are fans. They have been very long suffering and I'm happy to see their patience being rewarded. Glad we beat those guys this year.

Scorcho
12-27-2013, 10:02 AM
with Fresno and NIU losing, there will be zero Non-AQ teams ranked in the final polls. Not sure if that's ever happened before?

Utah
12-27-2013, 10:36 AM
with Fresno and NIU losing, there will be zero Non-AQ teams ranked in the final polls. Not sure if that's ever happened before?

With how Fresno and NIU have finished the season, and how Utah and TCU have handled the transition to a BCS conference, I don't think a mid-major will ever get a shot at the playoffs. There is really a big separation between the haves and have nots.

Scratch
12-27-2013, 11:02 AM
With how Fresno and NIU have finished the season, and how Utah and TCU have handled the transition to a BCS conference, I don't think a mid-major will ever get a shot at the playoffs. There is really a big separation between the haves and have nots.

And that gap has only widened with the best non-BCS teams moving up. Also, despite the troubles Utah and TCU have had in transitioning to the B12 and P12, it's absurd to lump Utah, TCU, and even the elite Boise teams in with NIU and Fresno.

OrangeUte
12-27-2013, 10:32 PM
The orange win an exciting Texas Bowl. They played with some seriously awesome helmets on. Seriously.

LA Ute
12-27-2013, 11:17 PM
The orange win an exciting Texas Bowl. They played with some seriously awesome helmets on. Seriously.

I thought of you when we were watching that game. Congrats!

sancho
12-28-2013, 08:17 AM
Utah State's win was awesome. I have a sister who went there and a lot of friends who are fans. They have been very long suffering and I'm happy to see their patience being rewarded. Glad we beat those guys this year.

I only like rooting for USU when they stink. I hope Wells gets an offer and leaves.

Utah
01-02-2014, 10:35 PM
All these redshirt freshmen QB's succeeding in bowl games gives me hope, lots of hope for next year.

Hadrian
01-02-2014, 11:37 PM
^On that note, am I the only one who thinks we are going to have a really good team next season if Wilson is back? If not, there's still a lot of potential. Most notably, the LB and DB situations will be much improved with experience, Blechen being back, and Gionni Paul becoming eligible. Almost everyone is back on the offensive side too, and there's a lot of young talent behind them.

Utah
01-03-2014, 07:09 AM
^On that note, am I the only one who thinks we are going to have a really good team next season if Wilson is back? If not, there's still a lot of potential. Most notably, the LB and DB situations will be much improved with experience, Blechen being back, and Gionni Paul becoming eligible. Almost everyone is back on the offensive side too, and there's a lot of young talent behind them.

I think if Wilson is back, we win 8-9 games. We were 4-2 with a sophomore Wilson, with a win over a top 5 program. You put Wilson in as a JR, and he doesn't throw some of those picks against UCLA and OSU.

If Wilson isn't back, we are probably a 5-6 win team.